locale and font

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locale and font

My locale-ised application makes no sense when viewed in, say, an Arabic locale. How can a font which can be used with the locale's language be discovered? None of the LOCAL_??? variables appear to line up with a CharSet - thinking of LOGFONT.Charset

This thread http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...yrillic&page=3 has been informative.

If I Don Scullian's post #35 correctly, then my application will look right when the default code page is the correct one.

Hoping that this is the case, and that someone ouside the Latinized world can try it for me, I have attached an executable of my somewhat internationalzed month calendar (see thumbnail) to this post.

If I still have anyone's attention, and source code would be preferred, please PM me.
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, source code is always welcome
      Here (Italy) your calendar looks correct: default code page: 1252
      Attached Files
      thinBasic programming language
      Win10 64bit - 8GB Ram - i7 M620 2.67GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX1800M 1GB

Comment

Correct calendar in The Netherlands too. Missing week numbers, unfort.

Egbert Zijlema, journalist and programmer (zijlema at basicguru dot eu)
        http://zijlema.basicguru.eu
        *** Opinions expressed here are not necessarily untrue ***

Comment

Eros, Egbert, thanks both.

Egbert, yes I read that thread with interest (week numbers). Maybe Mk II.

I wonder if someone using a non-Western script can try it? The only alternative is to change my PC's locale to, for example, Russia and see what turns up. Not sure whether that can be done (and reversed) cleanly.

Comment

It can be done but probably better if you have no-one else to test it, or another option is to setup a test VM with the correct locale and use that.

If you absolutely have to change the locale, don't try and install anything during the change as some setup progs see the locale and install apps using that language. It could also affect some installed apps, so all in all I wouldn't recommend it. A locale change also requires a reboot.
            kgpsoftware.com | Slam DBMS | PrpT Control | Other Downloads | Contact Me

Comment

Originally posted by Kev Peel View Post
              ...setup a test VM...
              Good idea!

(When I saw you had replied I had to check the locale list again for Somerset)

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Holbrook View Post
                (When I saw you had replied I had to check the locale list again for Somerset)
                Well I asked Billy Gee to create one and he said they couldn't find anyone speaking our dialect that knows how to use a computer (excluding meself of course)
                kgpsoftware.com | Slam DBMS | PrpT Control | Other Downloads | Contact Me

Comment

Originally posted by Eros Olmi View Post
                  Yes, source code is always welcome ...
                  Sent via ThinBASIC response form.

Comment

Working...
                  X