Unrecognized equates - %sbars_sizegrip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unrecognized equates - %sbars_sizegrip

Both %sbars_sizegrip and %sbars_tooltips are rejected by the compiler - "undefined equate". I used them after reading about them in the Help page on statusbars.

The equates weren't in Win32API.inc, but were in CommCtrl.inc. The Help file didn't direct me to the 2nd .inc file, so how would I have known to include it? I can make my own lookup list, but perhaps one has already be made?

I thought I read that Win32API.inc was a superset of all the files in the WinApI folder, but now I cannot find it. Looking at the files in the WinAPI folder it doesn't look to be true. I must have mis-rememberd what I read.

I guess my question is how to know when a particular *.inc file is needed. Perhaps the Help file normally would say which *.inc file to use whenever it references an equate, just not in this case?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

I guess my question is how to know when a particular *.inc file is needed.
    The same way yoiu get to Carnegie Hall. (Practice, Practice, Practice)

Perhaps the Help file normally would say which *.inc file to use whenever it references an equate, just not in this case?
    I don't believe that to be practical, since some folks modify the factory-supplied windows headers files and others just type in-line what they need/want for this particular program.

The Windows header files are not a kind of "fixed" thing with only one correct answer. Here's a few old words on the subject: This whine's time has come. Still valid as far as I can tell.

That said, if you think %SBARS_SIZEGRIP or any other equate should be one of the many now "pre-defined" by the IDE, you can always send a New Feature Suggestion to [email protected].
    Last edited by Michael Mattias; 17 Jan 2009, 09:47 AM.
    Michael Mattias
    Tal Systems (retired)
    Port Washington WI USA
    [email protected]
    http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Location of: %SBARS_SIZEGRIP

Hi Gary;

The equate: %SBARS_SIZEGRIP is located in: CommCtrl.inc

Comment

There is a Readme.txt file in the PB \WinAPI\ folder that has some clues regarding the purpose of the various .inc files.

Also PBWin help has a list of the equates that are currently built in to the compiler - look in the index for 'Built-in numeric equates'.
        Rgds, Dave

Comment

Working...
        X