No announcement yet.

DDT vs SDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engineers (that would be my career) are practical folks. They use whatever gets the job done.

What would MacGyver use?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Holbrook View Post
      No, machine code. Assembler is for poseurs, SDK for wimps and DDT for Hairdressers. Actually Real Men can code in any of these mediums, providing that documentation is not attempted.
      Wow Chris that brings back memories, been a long time since I had to load start up sequences in binary using front panel switches to get the next stage of an OS load by paper tape.
      I don't understand your comments about documentation as PB allows the same level as any other code. Hutch hasn't posted for quite a while but all his example were well documented.
      PS some years back posted some examples of self modifying code which required the abilty to read and modify machine code, not really that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Dixon View Post
        Sensible men use the best tool for the job.
        Can't agree more, still even use VB sometimes as I can do a quicky interpreted program with good built in date functions and then discard it, if the results are useable in something serious then I use PB and the API

Comment

Real Men,
          are still pushing holes on cards, and using Slicks or Retail Impact and a 64K IBM 360.
          Patrice Terrier
          www.zapsolution.com
          www.objreader.com
          Addons: GDImage.DLL 32/64-bit (Graphic library), WinLIFT.DLL 32/64-bit (Skin Engine).

Comment

Working...
          X