Consultaton / tutoring needed for PBForms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consultaton / tutoring needed for PBForms

While I have used PBCC for years, I now need to have GUI interfaces. So I have PBForms. What I need is someone I can call to answer my "oh, that's simple -- just do xx" kinds of questions.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Thanks,
    Rich Gorsuch

Rich,
    You already have them (PbForums)

Sure you may get the unwanted (or un-needed) "Gibbs Slap" but there are plenty of us that can assist where you are soooo and we are "Oh, thats simple just <Insert example> "

Make the jump, if you succeed you will try others, if you fail, you will try again and wonder why you failed the last try
    Engineer's Motto: If it aint broke take it apart and fix it

"If at 1st you don't succeed... call it version 1.0"

"Half of Programming is coding"....."The other 90% is DEBUGGING"

"Document my code????" .... "WHYYY??? do you think they call it CODE? "

Comment

While I have used PBCC for years, I now need to have GUI interfaces. So I have PBForms
      Um, I hope you also purchased a PB/WIN license, since PBForms is a boat anchor without one.

You "can" create GUI applications with PB/CC, but none of the 'DDT' tools are available and you'll have to create all your user interfaces using SDK techniques.
      Michael Mattias
      Tal Systems (retired)
      Port Washington WI USA
      [email protected]
      http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Another solution:
        www.jcfuller.com/pbccdlg.zip

James

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion

Hi,
          Thanks for sharing examples of your code. PCCDLG.BAS gives a nice dialog box. Unfortunately JCFRTBLG.BAS would not run as it needed a file I do not have:"RTDLG.INC" . So you, I gather, do not feel a need to move away from CC. Interesting.

Thanks.
          Rich

Comment

Yes, I have PB/WIN and am, in general, comfortable with it for DLLs. So I'm attempting to move up to better interfaces. In learning PBForms there are, as in any new endeavor, little things that can take much time-- so talking to an experienced user is very helpful. So I'm looking for someone willing to take an occasional call.

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Gorsuch View Post
              Hi,
              Thanks for sharing examples of your code. PCCDLG.BAS gives a nice dialog box. Unfortunately JCFRTBLG.BAS would not run as it needed a file I do not have:"RTDLG.INC" . So you, I gather, do not feel a need to move away from CC. Interesting.

Thanks.
              Rich
              The RTDLG.INC is not needed just comment it out.

I posted another another example of using a PBCC GUI. About midway down this post:
              http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...ad.php?t=39032

A file is attached SDK_PBCC_T02.zip

James

Comment

Working...
              X