Registry woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registry woes

Well I just wrote a two page letter explaining my registry problem, but I went back FURTHER in the code to the point where the variable is retrieved from a textbox in the OPTIONS screen.

This is baffling, this app started as a PB/DLL 5.0 app, used a resource file etc and slowly but surely it's almost 99% DDT now.
    But I missed this line...

The app would retrieve the value from the textbox, write it to the registry.

It always WROTE to the registry: C:\Winlog\
    But then I READ the registry and it immediately came out as C:\Winlog\\ so I suspected my registry reading code got changed somehow..

So I go back to where the value is obtained in the options dialog and do a msgbox on teh ascii value of the right character and walah, it's 0...

So, WHY does GetText append a chr$(0) but DDT does not?

Control Get Text CbHndl,%IDTEXTBOX To g_sLogPath
    ' g_sLogPath = GetText(GetDlgItem(CbHndl, %IDTEXTBOX))

------------------
    Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Turchin (edited July 11, 2001).]
    Scott Turchin
    MCSE, MCP+I
    http://www.tngbbs.com
    ----------------------
    True Karate-do is this: that in daily life, one's mind and body be trained and developed in a spirit of humility; and that in critical times, one be devoted utterly to the cause of justice. -Gichin Funakoshi

PS< I prefer the NOT portion of appending a Chr$(0)..

On the other hand, my registry code is now TIGHT Very tight, very happy wiht it since I just spent 4 hours debugging it once again looking for a bug that was not there

------------------
    Scott
    Scott Turchin
    MCSE, MCP+I
    http://www.tngbbs.com
    ----------------------
    True Karate-do is this: that in daily life, one's mind and body be trained and developed in a spirit of humility; and that in critical times, one be devoted utterly to the cause of justice. -Gichin Funakoshi

Comment

Working...
    X