i am a beginner.how do i learn it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am a beginner.how do i learn it?

i am a beginner ,it is a better ,but i dont know how to learn it.

Have you bought PowerBasic?

What computer programming experience do you have?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by guangyuan liu View Post
      You can get a lot of help here, A very good place to start would be to load and run some examples from the Samples folder. Then you could post your sample code here and ask any question you may have about the sample. That will get you started.
      It's a pretty day. I hope you enjoy it.

Gösta

JWAM: (Quit Smoking): http://www.SwedesDock.com/smoking
      LDN - A Miracle Drug: http://www.SwedesDock.com/LDN/

Comment

thanks,i am tring to run some sample code.

Comment

Start Small

Computers are stupid, you have to tell them everything...

Start with 1 button and 1 text box.. see what it takes to put text it the box when you push a button....

Read through the Keywords just to get a feel for what they do and concentrate on the ones that apply to what you want to do...

Ask questions.. don't get too deep in the beginning...
          Warped by the rain, Driven by the snow...

jimatluv2rescue.com

Comment

Once you think you understand some sample code about something you have an interest in, copy it, change the name of the file and save to a different directory. Then using that file under the new name, make changes, a few at a time, experimenting with things that you think will be important to you.
            Don't try too much at once, better to move forward in small steps at first.

Don't be afraid to try anything that comes to mind, you will not hurt the compiler.
            Very early in your studies, get acquainted with the debugger, and all the debugging tools.

Welcome to the world of Power Basic!!
            Rod
            I want not 'not', not Knot, not Knott, not Nott, not knot, not naught, not nought, but aught.

Comment

Surprised no one has mentioned that you should actually read the help file, each command is thoroughly detailed with sample code. Probably best to get a copy of the old win32.hlp file as well if you want to use the more advanced Windows API commands (if you don't know the API well). Microsoft's MSDN (online) is a good reference.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, buy a ton of coffee :coffee4:and prepare for late nights programming 'cause it's fun
              kgpsoftware.com | Slam DBMS | PrpT Control | Other Downloads | Contact Me

Comment

Do you have a particular project in mind to do? It does not have to be one you will be paid for. When I first started learning C++ (for console, not GUI), I wrote a program to calculate sales tax. It remains a useful program for me, and I doubt I would ever have acquired such a program without doing it myself. If you know what you want to accomplish, it would be easier to advise you about where to concentrate your efforts.
                Erich Schulman (KT4VOL/KTN4CA)
                Go Big Orange

Comment

Originally posted by guangyuan liu View Post
                  Have you looked at the powerbasic section of Gary Beene's website tutorials. Its possibly the only source of teaching guides / tutorials for powerbasic you can find just about anywhere.

check out
                  http://www.garybeene.com/power/

Comment

>Surprised no one has mentioned that you should actually read the help file

The help file does NOT get you started programming, or even get you started programming using the BASIC language.

The PB/WIN compilers assume the user already understands the fundamentals or programming in the BASIC language.

(FWIW, the PB/DOS [printed] manual DOES include some real nice sections on "getting started programming using the BASIC language")

MCM
                    Michael Mattias
                    Tal Systems (retired)
                    Port Washington WI USA
                    [email protected]
                    http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

The help file does NOT get you started programming, or even get you started programming using the BASIC language.
                      Well Mr "MCM", Who said the poster was learning programming? Once again you jump the gun, without facts.
                      kgpsoftware.com | Slam DBMS | PrpT Control | Other Downloads | Contact Me

Comment

Working...
                      X