Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Slater
    replied
    I am assuming that you are intercepting calls to other dlls or the system api (dlls). In this case you would create a dll with an empty function with the same one that you will intercept later, and then you can intercept the call to this dll. hope that makes sense...

Leave a comment:

• Cliff Nichols
    replied
    I am not sure what you mean, I see the word "Stub" all over the net (mostly C code, much too confusing to understand).

This may be a "Duhhhhh" question, but could you show how a stub would be created and used?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Scott Slater
    replied
    Could you make a "stub" dll file with the external calls that you want your program to be able to make?

Leave a comment:

• Cliff Nichols
    started a topic Inject Dll and Call My Function

Inject Dll and Call My Function

I have been playing around with my Error Handler routines and some other code to inject a dll into another process. (In this case a program i wrote to raise an exception).

I have gotten my dll to inject and it gets called via the "SetUnhandledException" but for the life of me I can not figure out how I would let the "Crash program" call a function in my "Dll Error Handler" when my Dll was injected, not compiled as a part of the "Crash program"

The other function I am trying to call in my Dll is when an error is not a "Fatal GPF" that we all see when an app has to close.
    and in that case "Non-Fatal" errors are not called via "SetUnhandledException"

So I am wondering, once I inject my Dll, how does the "Crash Program" know what function(s) to call in my dll and when to do it?????

Any ideas?
Working...
X