• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Select All Rows In ListView

How do I select all rows in a ListView?

I have this function to de-select them.

Code:
    FUNCTION ListView_UnselectAll (byval Winhandle as dword, BYVAL Dlg as long) AS LONG

local TempDword1 as dword

CONTROL HANDLE Winhandle, Dlg TO TempDword1
    ListView_SetItemState TempDword1, -1, BYVAL %NULL, %LVIS_SELECTED OR %LVIS_FOCUSED

END FUNCTION
    Last edited by Steve Bouffe; 11 Jul 2009, 06:27 AM.

Hint: Parameter three of Listview_SetItemState
    Michael Mattias
    Tal Systems (retired)
    Port Washington WI USA
    [email protected]
    http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Try the following:

Code:
         Local LV As LV_ITEM

LV.mask      = %LVIF_STATE
         LV.State     = -1 
         LV.stateMask = %LVIS_SELECTED

SendMessage hwndListView, %LVM_SETITEMSTATE, -1, VarPtr(LV)
      Paul Squires
      FireFly Visual Designer (for PowerBASIC Windows 10+)
      Version 3 now available.
      http://www.planetsquires.com

Comment

functions for multi-select listboxes

Added: Coming back and seeing this a day later, I realized I responded with code for ListBox, not ListView. I'll leave the code, and I apologize for the misdirection.
        -jhm

Here are some of my routines, which include both a SelectAll and an UnSelectAll.

Just last week I started writing an app in FireFly that uses a multiple-selection listbox. FF doesn't support certain Select function on them, so I had to go to the API. Also, CommCtrl.inc does not contain some of the functions for multi-select ListBox that are documented in the SDK, but I've tried them and seem to be successful.

These routines work fine in my app, but I don't think I finished addressing universal coding issues... Try them, though. Maybe you can tell me if I missed anything.

Note that my XferSelections2Ary routine is shared by the one function that copies selected lines to the clipboard and the one that writes selected lines to file. It may not be efficient or necessary - it was in my original design, and I haven't cleaned everything up yet.

I hope these help!
        -John (the phantom)

note that Listboxes are 0-based, thus several i-1 adustments...

Code:
        Function FRMMAIN_CMDSELECTALL_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                                 ControlIndex     As Long,  _  ' index in Control Array
                                                 hWndForm         As Dword, _  ' handle of Form
                                                 hWndControl      As Dword, _  ' handle of Control
                                                 idButtonControl  As Long   _  ' identifier of button
                                                 ) As Long        
           Local i, ItemCount, lReturn, CaretNdx As Long

ItemCount = Listbox_GetCount( HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES)
           lReturn = Listbox_SelItemRange (HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, %TRUE, 0, ItemCount -1) 
        End Function

Function Listbox_SelItemRange (ByVal hListBox As Dword, ByVal fSelect As Long, ByVal FirstItem As Long, ByVal LastItem As Long) As Long
        'Select/deselect one or more consecutive items in a multiple-selection list box. 
        'If use this func to select 1 item, you'd need to select a range of the item and one adjacent, then deselect the adjacent...
           'Set fSelect to True to select & highlight the string; to False to remove highlight and deselect the string.
           'For ItemRange:
           '  The low-order  word (16 bits) specifies the zero-based index of the first item to select. 
           '  The high-order word (16 bits) specifies the zero-based index of the last item to select. 
           Local ItemRange As Long
           ItemRange = (LastItem * 256) + FirstItem    'works, but not sure it's correct...
           Function = SendMessage(hListBox, %LB_SELITEMRANGE, fSelect, ItemRange) 
        End Function                                               
        '--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        '--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Function FRMMAIN_CMDDELETE1STSEL_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                                    ) As Long
           Local i, ItemCount, lReturn As Long

For i = 1 To ItemCount
              If Listbox_GetSel(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, i-1) Then
                 Listbox_DeleteString(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, i-1)
                 Exit For
              End If 
           Next i 
           Function = i   'the item deleted   
        End Function
        Function FRMMAIN_CMDINVERTSELS_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                                  ) As Long

For i = 1 To ItemCount
              'Invert the selected with the unselected...
                 lReturn = Listbox_SetSel(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, %FALSE, i-1)
              Else 
                 lReturn = Listbox_SetSel(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, %TRUE, i-1)
              End If 
           Next i 
        End Function
        Function FRMMAIN_CMDUNSELECTALL_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                                   ) As Long

lReturn = Listbox_SelItemRange (HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, %FALSE, 0, ItemCount -1) 
        End Function                                                                                         
        Function FRMMAIN_CMDCOPY2CLIP_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                                 ) As Long
           Local lCount As Long, FoundDates(), TheText As String

lCount = XferSelections2Ary (HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, FoundDates())  'prep by xferring from LB to an ary() 
           ReDim FoundDates(1 To lCount)
           If lCount < 0 Then 
               MsgBox "Error in transferring data from listbox to internal array.",,"Copy to clipboard error"
               Exit Function
           End If 
           TheText = Join$(FoundDates(), $CrLf) 
           FF_ClipboardSetText(TheText)        
           mRising
        End Function
        Function XferSelections2Ary (ByVal LstBox As Long, Ary() As String) As Long
           'copy all the SELECTED dates from the ListBox into the array provided, and trim empty rows from array...
           Local ItemsSel, ItemCount, i As Long                                                                                                
           Local ndx As Long

ItemsSel = Listbox_GetSelCount(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES)   '
           If ItemsSel = 0 Then 
              MsgBox "There are no selected dates!",,"No Selection" 
              Exit Function
           End If

ItemCount = FF_ListBox_GetCount(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES)   '
           ReDim Ary(1 To ItemCount)
           ndx = 0

For i = 1 To ItemCount
                 Incr ndx
                 Ary(ndx) = FF_ListBox_GetText (HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, i-1)     
              End If 
           Next i 

ReDim Preserve Ary(1 To ndx)  'get rid of excess                                    
           'return the 1-based count of items transferred
           Function = ndx
        End Function
        Function FRMMAIN_CMDSAVE2FILE_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                                 ) As Long
           Local nResult   As Long      ' determines whether the OpenFiles dialog was cancelled 
           Local sFilename As String    ' holds the returned list of selected file(s) 
           Local sFilter   As String    ' holds the filter list    
           Local nFlags    As Long      ' flags that descibe the OpenFiles dialog behavior 
           Local ItemsSel  As Long

ItemsSel = Listbox_GetSelCount(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES)   '
           If ItemsSel = 0 Then 
              MsgBox "There are no selected dates!",,"No Selection" 
              Exit Function
           End If

sFilter = "Text files (*.txt)|*.txt|Document files (*.doc)|*.doc|All files (*.*)|*.*"      
           nFlags  = %OFN_HIDEREADONLY Or %OFN_LONGNAMES Or %OFN_OVERWRITEPROMPT Or %OFN_EXPLORER      
           nResult = FF_SaveFileDialog( hWndForm, "Save File As", sFilename, "", sFilter, "txt", nFlags, %True)      
           'see if the dialog was cancelled 
           If nResult = 0 Then Exit Function 

'mRising   'audio notification macro

Local lCount, i As Long, FoundDates(), TheText As String   
           ReDim FoundDates(1 To ItemsSel)
           nResult = XferSelections2Ary (HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, FoundDates())  'prep by xferring from LB to an ary() 
           If nResult < 0 Then 
               MsgBox "Error in transferring data from listbox to internal array.",,"Copy to clipboard error"
               Exit Function
           End If          

TheText = Join$(FoundDates(), $CrLf) 

Call WriteToFile(sFilename, TheText)

'mFalling   'audio notification macro
        End Function
        Last edited by John Montenigro; 12 Jul 2009, 02:44 PM. Reason: clarify a msitake I made ;)

Comment

Working...
        X