X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Montenigro
    replied
    functions for multi-select listboxes

Added: Coming back and seeing this a day later, I realized I responded with code for ListBox, not ListView. I'll leave the code, and I apologize for the misdirection.
    -jhm

Here are some of my routines, which include both a SelectAll and an UnSelectAll.

Just last week I started writing an app in FireFly that uses a multiple-selection listbox. FF doesn't support certain Select function on them, so I had to go to the API. Also, CommCtrl.inc does not contain some of the functions for multi-select ListBox that are documented in the SDK, but I've tried them and seem to be successful.

These routines work fine in my app, but I don't think I finished addressing universal coding issues... Try them, though. Maybe you can tell me if I missed anything.

Note that my XferSelections2Ary routine is shared by the one function that copies selected lines to the clipboard and the one that writes selected lines to file. It may not be efficient or necessary - it was in my original design, and I haven't cleaned everything up yet.

I hope these help!
    -John (the phantom)

note that Listboxes are 0-based, thus several i-1 adustments...

Code:
    Function FRMMAIN_CMDSELECTALL_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                             ControlIndex     As Long,  _  ' index in Control Array
                                             hWndForm         As Dword, _  ' handle of Form
                                             hWndControl      As Dword, _  ' handle of Control
                                             idButtonControl  As Long   _  ' identifier of button
                                             ) As Long        
       Local i, ItemCount, lReturn, CaretNdx As Long

ItemCount = Listbox_GetCount( HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES)
       lReturn = Listbox_SelItemRange (HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, %TRUE, 0, ItemCount -1) 
    End Function

Function Listbox_SelItemRange (ByVal hListBox As Dword, ByVal fSelect As Long, ByVal FirstItem As Long, ByVal LastItem As Long) As Long
    'Select/deselect one or more consecutive items in a multiple-selection list box. 
    'If use this func to select 1 item, you'd need to select a range of the item and one adjacent, then deselect the adjacent...
       'Set fSelect to True to select & highlight the string; to False to remove highlight and deselect the string.
       'For ItemRange:
       '  The low-order  word (16 bits) specifies the zero-based index of the first item to select. 
       '  The high-order word (16 bits) specifies the zero-based index of the last item to select. 
       Local ItemRange As Long
       ItemRange = (LastItem * 256) + FirstItem    'works, but not sure it's correct...
       Function = SendMessage(hListBox, %LB_SELITEMRANGE, fSelect, ItemRange) 
    End Function                                               
    '--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Function FRMMAIN_CMDDELETE1STSEL_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                                ) As Long
       Local i, ItemCount, lReturn As Long

For i = 1 To ItemCount
          If Listbox_GetSel(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, i-1) Then
             Listbox_DeleteString(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, i-1)
             Exit For
          End If 
       Next i 
       Function = i   'the item deleted   
    End Function
    Function FRMMAIN_CMDINVERTSELS_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                              ) As Long

For i = 1 To ItemCount
          'Invert the selected with the unselected...
             lReturn = Listbox_SetSel(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, %FALSE, i-1)
          Else 
             lReturn = Listbox_SetSel(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, %TRUE, i-1)
          End If 
       Next i 
    End Function
    Function FRMMAIN_CMDUNSELECTALL_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                               ) As Long

lReturn = Listbox_SelItemRange (HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, %FALSE, 0, ItemCount -1) 
    End Function                                                                                         
    Function FRMMAIN_CMDCOPY2CLIP_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                             ) As Long
       Local lCount As Long, FoundDates(), TheText As String

lCount = XferSelections2Ary (HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, FoundDates())  'prep by xferring from LB to an ary() 
       ReDim FoundDates(1 To lCount)
       If lCount < 0 Then 
           MsgBox "Error in transferring data from listbox to internal array.",,"Copy to clipboard error"
           Exit Function
       End If 
       TheText = Join$(FoundDates(), $CrLf) 
       FF_ClipboardSetText(TheText)        
       mRising
    End Function
    Function XferSelections2Ary (ByVal LstBox As Long, Ary() As String) As Long
       'copy all the SELECTED dates from the ListBox into the array provided, and trim empty rows from array...
       Local ItemsSel, ItemCount, i As Long                                                                                                
       Local ndx As Long

ItemsSel = Listbox_GetSelCount(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES)   '
       If ItemsSel = 0 Then 
          MsgBox "There are no selected dates!",,"No Selection" 
          Exit Function
       End If

ItemCount = FF_ListBox_GetCount(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES)   '
       ReDim Ary(1 To ItemCount)
       ndx = 0

For i = 1 To ItemCount
             Incr ndx
             Ary(ndx) = FF_ListBox_GetText (HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, i-1)     
          End If 
       Next i 

ReDim Preserve Ary(1 To ndx)  'get rid of excess                                    
       'return the 1-based count of items transferred
       Function = ndx
    End Function
    Function FRMMAIN_CMDSAVE2FILE_BN_CLICKED ( _
                                             ) As Long
       Local nResult   As Long      ' determines whether the OpenFiles dialog was cancelled 
       Local sFilename As String    ' holds the returned list of selected file(s) 
       Local sFilter   As String    ' holds the filter list    
       Local nFlags    As Long      ' flags that descibe the OpenFiles dialog behavior 
       Local ItemsSel  As Long

ItemsSel = Listbox_GetSelCount(HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES)   '
       If ItemsSel = 0 Then 
          MsgBox "There are no selected dates!",,"No Selection" 
          Exit Function
       End If

sFilter = "Text files (*.txt)|*.txt|Document files (*.doc)|*.doc|All files (*.*)|*.*"      
       nFlags  = %OFN_HIDEREADONLY Or %OFN_LONGNAMES Or %OFN_OVERWRITEPROMPT Or %OFN_EXPLORER      
       nResult = FF_SaveFileDialog( hWndForm, "Save File As", sFilename, "", sFilter, "txt", nFlags, %True)      
       'see if the dialog was cancelled 
       If nResult = 0 Then Exit Function 

'mRising   'audio notification macro

Local lCount, i As Long, FoundDates(), TheText As String   
       ReDim FoundDates(1 To ItemsSel)
       nResult = XferSelections2Ary (HWND_FRMMAIN_LSTDATES, FoundDates())  'prep by xferring from LB to an ary() 
       If nResult < 0 Then 
           MsgBox "Error in transferring data from listbox to internal array.",,"Copy to clipboard error"
           Exit Function
       End If          

TheText = Join$(FoundDates(), $CrLf) 

Call WriteToFile(sFilename, TheText)

'mFalling   'audio notification macro
    End Function
    Last edited by John Montenigro; 12 Jul 2009, 02:44 PM. Reason: clarify a msitake I made ;)

Leave a comment:

• Paul Squires
    replied
    Try the following:

Code:
       Local LV As LV_ITEM

LV.mask      = %LVIF_STATE
       LV.State     = -1 
       LV.stateMask = %LVIS_SELECTED

SendMessage hwndListView, %LVM_SETITEMSTATE, -1, VarPtr(LV)

Leave a comment:

• Michael Mattias
    replied
    Hint: Parameter three of Listview_SetItemState

Leave a comment:

• Steve Bouffe
    started a topic Select All Rows In ListView

Select All Rows In ListView

How do I select all rows in a ListView?

I have this function to de-select them.

Code:
    FUNCTION ListView_UnselectAll (byval Winhandle as dword, BYVAL Dlg as long) AS LONG

local TempDword1 as dword

CONTROL HANDLE Winhandle, Dlg TO TempDword1
    ListView_SetItemState TempDword1, -1, BYVAL %NULL, %LVIS_SELECTED OR %LVIS_FOCUSED

END FUNCTION
    Last edited by Steve Bouffe; 11 Jul 2009, 06:27 AM.
Working...
X