X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gösta H. Lovgren-2
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Sinclair View Post
    Hi, I've been working at something with arrays for some time now and am just stuck. I have looked on this forum a lot and am afraid I just can't get my head around the syntax involved in getting an array to work properly. I want an array to be written from variables created through some math in a loop in multi-dimensional format. I managed it once, then edited it to try and give the two results on a horizontal axis rather than everything on the vertical, ie (0,0) was above (0,1) then shut the computer off, without checking that by trying to change the layout I messed something else up and now everything is screwed!!:confused2::confused2::confused2:
    I originally wrote the code to just print to a file, and it looked really good, but I think that to make the file more usable later on, pulling the values and reusing them for a second program, an array would be a better choice than a regular file. Or would it? I don't know...
    To make a long story short (too late) could anyone give a heads up for a complete idiot's guide to array syntax for powerbasic?? All the sites I have found gloss over arrays very quickly and each of the commands for arrays even more quickly.
    Thanks for reading.
    What specifically do you want to know? Kind of hard to give a general answer to something as vague as this request. Even bet to oost some code you would like clarified.

===============================================
    "I kissed my first girl
    and smoked my first cigarette on the same day.
    I haven't had time for tobacco since."

Arturo Toscanini
    ===============================================

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Desperately Need help with arrays

Desperately Need help with arrays

Hi, I've been working at something with arrays for some time now and am just stuck. I have looked on this forum a lot and am afraid I just can't get my head around the syntax involved in getting an array to work properly. I want an array to be written from variables created through some math in a loop in multi-dimensional format. I managed it once, then edited it to try and give the two results on a horizontal axis rather than everything on the vertical, ie (0,0) was above (0,1) then shut the computer off, without checking that by trying to change the layout I messed something else up and now everything is screwed!!:confused2::confused2::confused2:
    I originally wrote the code to just print to a file, and it looked really good, but I think that to make the file more usable later on, pulling the values and reusing them for a second program, an array would be a better choice than a regular file. Or would it? I don't know...
    To make a long story short (too late) could anyone give a heads up for a complete idiot's guide to array syntax for powerbasic?? All the sites I have found gloss over arrays very quickly and each of the commands for arrays even more quickly.
    Thanks for reading.
Working...
X