Format$ Time (or Timer or something)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Format$ Time (or Timer or something)

This one is sooooooo simple that even I am ashamed to waste the space and time to ask, but I can not seem to find an example to display the correct time format.

A function (or UDT) that I am using returns a value that I think is from the CPU timer, so I thought I would verify by formatting it into "Hour:Minute:Second:Milli-Second" type of format to verify.

I can NOT for the life of me find even 1 of the MANY examples that I KNOWWWwwww must be out there.

Can someone show me the correct "FORMAT$(Variable, "VariableFormat") that I should be using????
    Engineer's Motto: If it aint broke take it apart and fix it

"If at 1st you don't succeed... call it version 1.0"

"Half of Programming is coding"....."The other 90% is DEBUGGING"

"Document my code????" .... "WHYYY??? do you think they call it CODE? "

I'm assuming you're looking at CPU cycles data, such as the PowerBASIC TIX function returns?

http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...light=quad+tix

Does this give what you want (look down about halfway in the thread, to get to the TIX formatting - delta between 2 times)

Comment

Close Gary, but not quite what I am after.
      To be honest, I held back a little bit so as not to confuse one concept with another, but what I am really after (after more research of my own) is the message-pump itself (used when a dialog/window is Modeless)

The pump always uses some variable set to tagMsg and that UDT has itself defined as
      Code:
      TYPE tagMSG
        hwnd AS DWORD
        message AS DWORD
        wParam AS LONG
        lParam AS LONG
        time AS DWORD
        pt AS POINTAPI
      END TYPE
      Time was part of it, so I thought if I asked about time I would see something that should be OBVIOUS....but digging deeper, I can NOT find anything to tell me what time is? (Seconds after Midnight? Hex? Decimal value of Hex? Minutes? CPU time running after boot up??? or WHATTTTTT??????)

So my first thought was to format a number to time as I would see it....(hour/min/sec/sub-second) type of thing (either military or civilian time)

the more I look the more I wonder (maybe its not FORMAT$ that I should look at but what the heck is TagMsg.Time ??????)

(To me its something that should be sooooooooo obvious by now (no WAYYYYyyyy that no one has researched it before ) but yet, absolutely NO hits as to what it is, and then later format a number into a clock type of time????)
      am I missing something so obvious that it would bite me if I did not back away and did not see it?????
      Engineer's Motto: If it aint broke take it apart and fix it

"If at 1st you don't succeed... call it version 1.0"

"Half of Programming is coding"....."The other 90% is DEBUGGING"

"Document my code????" .... "WHYYY??? do you think they call it CODE? "

Comment

Couple of Googles, found your answer:
        http://books.google.com/books?id=Vt-...esult&resnum=8
        Michael Mattias
        Tal Systems (retired)
        Port Washington WI USA
        [email protected]
        http://www.talsystems.com