Sending encrypted emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending encrypted emails

How would one send encrypted emails (Body portion and attachments)

Public and private keys ?

Bob Mechler

I think we need a little more details, Bob.
    Do you want to program something yourself or do you want to use readymade software?

If you want to use existing software, PGP is most widely used and that uses public key encryption. It has add-ons for a number of the most common e-mail clients.

If you want to build someting yourself, everything is possible: public key encryption or private key encryption.
    But you need to be aware of the pros and cons of both.

Kind regards
    Eddy

Comment

Originally posted by BOB MECHLER View Post
      How would one send encrypted emails (Body portion and attachments)

Public and private keys ?

Bob Mechler
      SecureZip

Comment

SecurZip looks interesting. One of our clients is wanting to create PDF statements and auto place them into created Outlook directories (as opposed to the Drafts folder) From there they want to be able to click and send with auto encryption of the email body and attachments.

We've used ClickYes to send multiple emails thought Outlook and Microsoft Exchange with encrypted pdf and zipped attachments but not using program created Outlook folders and encrypted Body content. They want the encrypted body content so managers can send personalized messages and or advice to the specific clients prior to sending them. Just got the request yesterday to research it so some of my info may be off.

One of the service reps found a product called MessageLock which looks promising also.

I eventually will probably split this into multiple threads, once I know more detail.

Bob Mechler

Comment

Working...
        X