Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get data from a COM object

Hi,
    I need help, I must get some data from a COM object that lies outside my program. Please I need examples.

Thanks

Thats good info man..
    :wave:

(And.. i need a million)
    hellobasic

Comment

Generic 'ADO' Connection and Query Tester (CC 5+/Win 9+) 11-02-08

That gets data from COM objects loaded from outside your program. The objects themselves, of course, exist in your process space.. after the 'outside' COM server (ADO) delivers them to you.

There's several other 'Using COM' postings in the source code forum, but this is the only COM demo I'm really familiar with.

MCM
      Michael Mattias
      Tal Systems Inc. (retired)
      Racine WI USA
      [email protected]
      http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Mattias View Post
        Generic 'ADO' Connection and Query Tester (CC 5+/Win 9+) 11-02-08

That gets data from COM objects loaded from outside your program. The objects themselves, of course, exist in your process space.. after the 'outside' COM server (ADO) delivers them to you.

There's several other 'Using COM' postings in the source code forum, but this is the only COM demo I'm really familiar with.

MCM
        Thanks Michael but is too complex for me (I don't know anything about databases).
        I need a simply example program that use a COM object for export informations and one simple example program that read these informations.

Comment

Maybe someone can get you started if you provide some information about "what" COM server provides this information you want to read. A link to the documentation would be quite useful (almost required).

But as I said before, there are demos in the source code forum. Sounds like you have not looked very hard. Look for words like "class" and/or "object" in the subject line.

The "class" postings all show how you build the COM component; and almost all include a "read it back" demo used for testing.

MCM
          Michael Mattias
          Tal Systems Inc. (retired)
          Racine WI USA
          [email protected]
          http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Knoppert View Post
            Thats good info man..
            :wave:

(And.. i need a million)
            I have only wrote one help request.....
            For your milion request I can't make anything, but in the past I have purchased a license for your program then don't break my beeeeep!

Comment

Working...
            X