X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lance Edmonds
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Diamond:
    Lance, I dont see how thats a related subject, but that open file enumeration code is very cool'n'kinky! It's so fast too, I'll definately find a use for that
    Many thanks again!
    I guess it's related in the sense that networked PC's may have files open on your 9x box...?!

------------------
    Lance
    PowerBASIC Support
    mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Leave a comment:

• Frederic Faure
    replied
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need to find out which users in my Windows LAN are connected to my machine with NetBIOS
    Probably either the Net*() or WNet*() APIs. Watch out for charset, though: The Net*() require using Unicode strings.

FF.

------------------

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Diamond
    replied
    Lance, I dont see how thats a related subject, but that open file enumeration code is very cool'n'kinky! It's so fast too, I'll definately find a use for that
    Many thanks again!

------------------

Leave a comment:

• Scott Turchin
    replied
    I realize it's a coding project but to compare your work with while you are co ding it try this:

open dos box, type NETSTAT -a

Walah, there is also NBTSTAT

------------------
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• Lance Edmonds
    replied
    on a related subject, in 1999 i posted some code in the source code forum that lists open files in win95/98. i have not tested it with me.
    http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...ad.php?t=22621

------------------
    lance
    powerbasic support
    mailto:[email protected][email protected]</a>

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Diamond
    replied
    Nathan, you responded faster than I had time to refresh this page Thanks!! Thats some fascinating code, unfortunately I couldnt get it to work on either my WinNT4 or Win98 system so I'll try it on another system tomorrow.
    Ive solved my problem (well, I haven't ported it to PB yet, but Ive found C source that does what I need to do)
    I found some source called "who.c" at http://faqs.org.ru/progr/windows/win32api2.htm , a Russian API FAQ site with a lot of interesting code, all accompanying text is in Russian but as the code is all English I didn't have any problems getting around there
    Thanks very much,
    Wayne

------------------

Leave a comment:

• Peter Scheutz
    replied
    In a dos prompt, type

Net View
    or Net View \\COMPUTERNAME

------------------
    Best Regards
    Peter Scheutz

Leave a comment:

• Nathan Evans
    replied
    Wayne,

The following simple Visual Basic code on VBnet may be on the lines on what you're
    looking for..
    http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/netwo...ectionenum.htm

- Nathan

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Diamond
    started a topic NetBIOS API - who is connected to my machine

NetBIOS API - who is connected to my machine

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need to find out which users in my Windows LAN are connected to my machine with NetBIOS (ie. theyre browsing my shared filesystem with explorer). My findings have concluded that WNetGetConnection can be used to find out which remote drives youre mapped to, but I haven't been able to work out which API(s) to use to determine which user(s) are connected to my machine,
    does anybody know?

------------------
Working...
X