Computer locked/unlocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer locked/unlocked

Is there an API that I have overlooked to see if the computer has been locked or unlocked???

------------------
    Scott
    Scott Turchin
    MCSE, MCP+I
    http://www.tngbbs.com
    ----------------------
    True Karate-do is this: that in daily life, one's mind and body be trained and developed in a spirit of humility; and that in critical times, one be devoted utterly to the cause of justice. -Gichin Funakoshi

You mean after calling "LockWorkStation"?
    If it's already locked, the LockWorkStation call failes
    But AFAIK you can also test for a visible Taskbar (haven't tried it myself).
    And, if Spy++ is right, Windows sends a "WM_ERASEBKGND" to every visible Window. But that won't help you, because this message is also sent on resizing.

regards,
    Sven

P.S.: You package didn't arrive... I'm pretty sure, there went something wrong

------------------
    E-Mail (home): mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
    E-Mail (work): mailto:sven.blu[email protected][email protected]</A>

Comment

Heyas, shoot me an email with your address, I have been so busy it did not go in the mail yet (Sorry!)...

I will pack it up today before I go home and get it ready to ship to you...

As for the code, my app would run in the system tray or be invisible and would detect WHEN the computer was locked and unlocked but would not lock/unlock it itself.

Although I did implement hte LOCK code into my Shutdown! application...

------------------
      Scott
      Scott Turchin
      MCSE, MCP+I
      http://www.tngbbs.com
      ----------------------
      True Karate-do is this: that in daily life, one's mind and body be trained and developed in a spirit of humility; and that in critical times, one be devoted utterly to the cause of justice. -Gichin Funakoshi

Comment

Working...
      X