Towers of Hanoi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towers of Hanoi

What nostalgia day would be complete without a Tower for those Queens? Here's an animated Towers of Hanoi, my graphics foo was not great today, so they don't fly around the screen. Seems like something to think about tommorow.

Hanoi.zip
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gary Beene; 19 Mar 2014, 11:08 PM. Reason: updated link
    LarryC
    Website
    Sometimes life's a dream, sometimes it's a scream

>What nostalgia day would be complete ..

IIRC every version of PB/DOS shipped with a "Towers of Hanoi" demo...I always thought the video for that was pretty neat.... and certainly it was, at least for its time.

MCM

Comment

Larry, I think something is wrong with POLE.ICO. It's not viewable in any of my image or image-editing software. The DISC.ICO file is fine tho.

Comment

Originally posted by John Gleason View Post
        Larry, I think something is wrong with POLE.ICO. It's not viewable in any of my image or image-editing software. The DISC.ICO file is fine tho.
        I'm noticing Windows XP doesn't like files. Depending on how much this upsets me, I might look at how to create masks and transparencies with standard .bmp.
        LarryC
        Website

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Charlton View Post
          I'm noticing Windows XP doesn't like files. Depending on how much this upsets me, I might look at how to create masks and transparencies with standard .bmp.
          Icons are a bit of a problem in WinXP as far as I can tell. I'm not certain if this is better in WinVista or Win7. Icons cannot be more than 256 colors for some reason. They do not get interpreted correctly. It seems to be a system limitation.
          The world is strange and wonderful.*
          I reserve the right to be horrifically wrong.
          Please maintain a safe following distance.
          *wonderful sold separately.

Comment

Oh contraire, they seem to work great for me on Vista and Windows 7 (my two boxes), they even work great at the odd sizes I stuffed in the icon files lol.
            LarryC
            Website

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Charlton View Post
              Oh contraire, they seem to work great for me on Vista and Windows 7 (my two boxes), they even work great at the odd sizes I stuffed in the icon files lol.
              Yeah. But I think that XP has a limitation on icons left over from the old days. Trying to make an icon with a full pallet of colors is difficult here. They don't translate properly when imported to the application in XP and PB Forms 2.0.
              The world is strange and wonderful.*
              I reserve the right to be horrifically wrong.
              Please maintain a safe following distance.
              *wonderful sold separately.

Comment

Working...
              X