• Show
Clear All

• Insert image in a Button

I've always worked this way and it works:
    Code:
    #RESOURCE ICON,  114, "CONTADINO.ico"

%IDC_BUTT_DIPE  = 1215

CONTROL ADD BUTTON, hDlg, %IDC_BUTT_DIPE , "DIPENDENTI" ,155, 30, 50, 30,
    CONTROL SEND hDlg, %IDC_BUTT_DIPE , %BM_SETIMAGE, %Image_Icon, LOADICON( GETMODULEHANDLE( BYVAL %NULL ), "#"+"114" )

but now with a special case I have some problem:
    Code:
    #RESOURCE ICON,  114, "CONTADINO.ico"

%IDOK = 1
    %BS_DEFAULT = 1
    %IDC_BUTT_DIPE  = %IDOK

CONTROL ADD BUTTON, hDlg, %IDC_BUTT_DIPE , "DIPENDENTI" ,155, 30, 50, 30,  %BS_DEFAULT
    CONTROL SEND hDlg, %IDC_BUTT_DIPE , %BM_SETIMAGE, %Image_Icon, LOADICON( GETMODULEHANDLE( BYVAL %NULL ), "#"+"114" )
    When I use a Button% BS_DEFAULT, the image is not displayed.

If I use:
    Code:
    %IDOK = 1
    %BS_DEFAULT = 2
    I only see a small box similar to a Check Box before the description "DIPENDENTI".

The Button works in any case.
    mailto:info@softplus.it
    From Italy.

%BS_DEFAULT should be "1". Style %BS_CHECKBOX=2 . In PBWin 10.xx %BS_DEFAULT is a built-in value. You're not getting compile time errors?

Have you seen CONTROL ADD IMGBUTTON and CONTROL ADD IMGBUTTONX? I find IMGBUTTONX handy, it compensates for different screen settings & button sizes in units (vs. pixels).

Cheers,
    Last edited by Dale Yarker; 13 Aug 2017, 06:42 AM.
    Dale

Comment

Hi Giuseppe

Try this program it has an image button, when click it launch the Internet URL, it uses IMGBUTTONX as Dale stated

Btn Image.zip

Comment

Try using %BS_ICON instead of %BS_DEFAULT
        Rgds, Dave

Comment

To clarify, I can create the Button with the single image and the Button with image and text.
          Is in the case when I use the %BS_DEFAULT or the %BS_ICON option that the selected image is not displayed
          mailto:info@softplus.it
          From Italy.

Comment

In your post #1, in the second code box you said you were setting %BS_DEFAULT to 2. That is incorrect value for that style on a button.

If that is not the case, please show more complete coding that demonstrates the problem.
            Dale

Comment

Giuseppe,

In you first post, you said that your code used to work but not now.
              I wonder if you were using themed controls before?
              Try this test code with and without a #Resource Manifest statement.
              Code:
              #Compile Exe                      ' PBWin10
              #Dim All
              #Include "WIN32API.INC"

' Un-comment the next line and re-compile for test
               '#RESOURCE MANIFEST, 1, "C:\PBWin10\samples\DDT\Address\XPTheme.xml"     ' set your path to files
              #RESOURCE Icon, 114, "C:\PBWin10\samples\DDT\treeview\icons\EARTH.ICO"    '      "        "

%IDOK = 1
              %BS_DEFAULT = 1
              %IDC_BUTT_DIPE  = %IDOK
              '------------------/

Function PBMain()
               Local hDlg  As Dword

Dialog New 0, "Test", , , 300, 120, %WS_Caption Or %WS_SysMenu, To hDlg

CONTROL ADD BUTTON, hDlg, %IDC_BUTT_DIPE , "DIPENDENTI", 155, 10, 50, 30

CONTROL ADD BUTTON, hDlg, 200 , "%BS_ICON", 155, 45, 50, 30, %BS_ICON
                  CONTROL SEND hDlg, 200 , %BM_SETIMAGE, %Image_Icon, LOADICON( GETMODULEHANDLE( BYVAL %NULL ), "#"+"114" )

CONTROL ADD BUTTON, hDlg, 201 , "%BS_DEFAULT", 155, 80, 50, 30, %BS_DEFAULT
                  CONTROL SEND hDlg, 201 , %BM_SETIMAGE, %Image_Icon, LOADICON( GETMODULEHANDLE( BYVAL %NULL ), "#"+"114" )

Dialog Show Modal hDlg
              End Function
              '------------------/PbMain
              Also. What are you trying to do by adding %BS_DEFAULT? Do you want to make this the 'default' button for your Dialog?

As Dale suggested, a compilable example, that demonstrates your problem, could help us to help you
              Rgds, Dave

Comment

Using window styles:
                • BS_BITMAP (optional message BM_SETIMAGE)
                • BS_ICON (optional message BM_SETIMAGE)
                • BS_OWNERDRAW (plus appropriate GDI drawing commands at drawing time)

Using DDT proprietary things
                • CONTROL ADD IMGBUTTON
                • CONTROL ADD IMGBUTTONX

Regardless of technique chosen:
                Michael Mattias
                Tal Systems Inc.
                Racine WI USA
                mmattias@talsystems.com
                http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Working...
                X