#Resource RcData Size Limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I found on Win 7 too.
    Yep. Further tests seem to show that the limit for compiling post #19 with Windows 7 (on my PC) is something like 930MB.
    Rgds, Dave

Comment

In my Tests an executable has itself as limit of 2 GB in Size. Now the same limit may apply for Memory allocation under 32 bit programs.
      Therefore depending on the fragementation situation in Memory such an error can easily happen at this size - using 32 bit programs.
      Maybe there was no memory chunk (in one piece) large enough for more available.
      I expect the absolulte number to be higher if you reboot your system and do not start much programms.
      --Theo Gottwald
      ------------------------------------------------
      76706 Dettenheim * Germany * [email protected]
      ------------------------------------------------
      Joses Forum * Theo's Link Site * IT-Berater.org

Comment

I expect the absolulte number to be higher if you reboot your system and do not start much programms.
        Under Win/32, the number of processes which may each use 2 GB memory is limited only by the total available VIRTUAL memory on the system, which is the amount of installed RAM plus the max size of the swap file.

And if you exceed this, it does not slow down, it just stops working unless you make sure your code is handling Error 7 (insufficient memory) . Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. (in my case it was a user who had installed his system with a relatively small swap file and did not allow Windows to manage the size of same).

MCM
        Michael Mattias
        Tal Systems Inc. (retired)
        Racine WI USA
        [email protected]
        http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Working...
        X