No announcement yet.

Extracting info from a web page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info Stuart, I don't have a problem with time being displayed as GMT. The problem comes when an application gives time as local time (ie including adjustment, BST in my case) the prblem comes when the same app actually dispays local time but without the adjustment for daylight savings (GMT in my case)

Comment

Very interesting thread... Stuart, thank you for the code snip... really cool (and it works as is). Think I will experiment a little...

Comment

James,

I just went to the website you posted and the data you are after occurs in text form.
        Code:
        LOW TIDE: 02:01 HEIGHT: 0.30m
        HIGH TIDE: 08:24 HEIGHT: 4.90m
        LOW TIDE: 14:17 HEIGHT: 0.60m
        HIGH TIDE: 20:42 HEIGHT: 4.80m
        Just download the web page and search for the data you need. I just downloaded in with my text editor and it should be no big deal to search the file and find what you want as it is still basically a HTML file.
        hutch at movsd dot com
        The MASM Forum

www.masm32.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Hutchesson View Post
          James,

I just went to the website you posted and the data you are after occurs in text form.
          Code:
          LOW TIDE: 02:01 HEIGHT: 0.30m
          HIGH TIDE: 08:24 HEIGHT: 4.90m
          LOW TIDE: 14:17 HEIGHT: 0.60m
          HIGH TIDE: 20:42 HEIGHT: 4.80m
          Just download the web page and search for the data you need. I just downloaded in with my text editor and it should be no big deal to search the file and find what you want as it is still basically a HTML file.
          Your text editor must have stripped quite a lot of the content including the HTML tags when downloading if it looks like that. The actual page source is for that section is:

Code:

<div class="times">                             <dl>                                   <dt>Low Tide:</dt>                                 <dd>02:01</dd>                 <dt>Height:</dt>                 <dd>0.30m</dd>               </dl>                             <dl>                                   <dt>High Tide:</dt>                                 <dd>08:24</dd>                 <dt>Height:</dt>                 <dd>4.90m</dd>               </dl>                             <dl>                                   <dt>Low Tide:</dt>                                 <dd>14:17</dd>                 <dt>Height:</dt>                 <dd>0.60m</dd>               </dl>                             <dl>                                   <dt>High Tide:</dt>                                 <dd>20:42</dd>                 <dt>Height:</dt>                 <dd>4.80m</dd>               </dl>                           </div>                   </div>

Comment

Nah,

That is what I copied through the clipboard from the viewed page. You get the full page just be downloading the file and the data is easy to find. This is what you are looking for.
            Code:
                                  <div class="times">
                                        <dl>
                                              <dt>Low Tide:</dt>
                                            <dd>02:01</dd>
                            <dt>Height:</dt>
                            <dd>0.30m</dd>
                          </dl>
                                        <dl>
                                              <dt>High Tide:</dt>
                                            <dd>08:24</dd>
                            <dt>Height:</dt>