Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB Homepage

Why PB Homepage is down?

It's not. It is because you're in the EU (according to your profile). There are two threads discussing it in Social Forums section. It is probably being blocked to avoid GDPR problems. (by who/reason is part of the discussion)

Cheers,
    Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Bernhard Fomm View Post
      Why PB Homepage is down?

Adam Drake addressed this some time ago. Unfortunately, he did so in a forum category that not everybody has default access to.

Because of the GDPR, Drake software has blocked access to the European region. They are not alone and many sites have had to do this, even legal sites.

If you must reach the homepage, you can do so via a proxy, as many others are doing.
      I am legally blind. Please forgive any typos. I do try and catch as many as I can.

Comment

Interesting to note that the main Drake Software site isn't blocked in the same way. Also if anybody was still holding any hope for a further PB improvement, think you can say goodbye to that now they've blocked half the actual product users from being able to buy it

Wonder if they've deleted all the data about their European customers? If not then not being contactable has only put them in a worse position, not better

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carver View Post
          Interesting to note that the main Drake Software site isn't blocked in the same way.
          Why would it be? They do not market to the EU. Tax laws are VERY different in the EU. American tax software is of no use to somebody in the EU. It is also a different company.

PB was, obviously, run by Bob Zale. All of those decades old records and databases kept by Bob, and now in the possession of Drake Software, need to be brought up to GDPR compliancy.

Originally posted by Bob Carver View Post
          Also if anybody was still holding any hope for a further PB improvement, think you can say goodbye to that now they've blocked half the actual product users from being able to buy it.
          Is there still a German vendor? IIRC there was a vendor somewhere in Europe at one time. There was also at least one other vendor somewhere, too.

Future? Adam gave a nice and workable roadmap. It is what it is. Most are happy the lights are still on and that there is a chance of a 64-bit version appearing. IMHO, with the exception of cross-platform compilers, a compiler has to become self-hosting at some point. I fully support Adam's roadmap and am deeply thankful for him saving PB.

I am legally blind. Please forgive any typos. I do try and catch as many as I can.

Comment

Working...
          X