Cannot Navigate to Older Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Navigate to Older Threads

I was trying to browse older threads in the PowerBASIC for Windows forum and see that the maxiumum page number is Page20, which only takes me back to Oct2018.

I can type in the URL with /page200 (any number bigger than 20) and later threads will appear, but the displayed page still says there are no more than 20 pages so I cannot click deeper into the history of that forum.

Is that what you see?

Originally posted by Gary Beene View Post
    Is that what you see?
    Yes. However, the search function searches all of the old threads and you can click to view them that way.
    I am legally blind. Please forgive any typos. I do try and catch as many as I can.

Comment

Hi Brice!
      Yes, but then you're only browsing threads that the Search returns. You can't just browse through everything over given time period. Sometimes, I'm not sure about the search term but do remember more or less the date I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Beene View Post
        Hi Brice!
        Yes, but then you're only browsing threads that the Search returns. You can't just browse through everything over given time period. Sometimes, I'm not sure about the search term but do remember more or less the date I'm looking for.
        I do understand, been there a few times myself, but given the changes in forum software and moving to a paid hosting service, I am just glad the old stuff is there in any capacity. In other communities, the old stuff tends to disappear with a mass migration like we had. What I have had to do for browsing, is use the offline forums that this wonderful chap Gary provided. I keep it on a thumb drive.

I am sure there is probably a setting or two that Adam can tweak to allow direct access.

I am legally blind. Please forgive any typos. I do try and catch as many as I can.

Comment

Deleted

Comment

Working...
          X