No announcement yet.

How to store an editable Listview cell's data into an array and then to a file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to store an editable Listview cell's data into an array and then to a file

Hi Pierre

Thank you for your Editable Listview program listed in https://forum.powerbasic.com/forum/u...932#post781932

This Listview contains cells that are editable which are great, but I would like to store its data into an array after being edited as well as saving these array data into a file.
    How do I go about doing this? Appreciate all help

Why not store it in a SQLite database table in memory, save to a (SQLite datbase) file is then accomplished by just opening that file and copying table to it using ATTACH DATABASE, etc.

Comment

Tim,
      As an example, add this section in the main callback loop, it will save the listview data on program exit...

Code:
         CASE %WM_DESTROY
           LOCAL RowCount AS LONG
           LOCAL ColCount AS LONG
           LOCAL hFile    AS INTEGER

RowCount = SendMessage(hListview, %LVM_GETITEMCOUNT, 0, 0)
           ColCount = SendMessage(SendMessage(hlistview, %LVM_GETHEADER, 0, 0), %HDM_GETITEMCOUNT, 0, 0)

DIM sText(1 TO RowCount, 1 TO ColCount) AS STRING

FOR ListviewRow = 1 TO RowCount
             FOR ListviewCol = 1 TO ColCount
               ListView_GetItemText(hListView, ListviewRow - 1, ListviewCol - 1, zText, SIZEOF(zText))
               sText(ListviewRow, ListviewCol) = zText
             NEXT
           NEXT

hFile = FREEFILE
           OPEN "ListViewData.txt" FOR OUTPUT AS hFile
           FOR ListviewRow = 1 TO RowCount
             FOR ListviewCol = 1 TO ColCount
               PRINT #hFile, sText(ListviewRow, ListviewCol)
             NEXT
           NEXT
           CLOSE hFile

Comment

Thanks Chris, but I don't know anything about SQLite, where can I get started learning SQLite ?

Thanks Pierre, for your codes and that's all I needed

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Lakinir View Post
          Thanks Chris, but I don't know anything about SQLite, where can I get started learning SQLite ?
          here's one of many tutorial sites: http://www.sqlitetutorial.net/

But if you don't need it, that's even better!

Comment

Thanks Chris. where can I start learning SQLite with PB ? any simple examples for beginners?

Comment

The one I recently posted to the source code forum here https://forum.powerbasic.com/forum/u...ing#post783879 is probably the simplest. I’ve also done a few variations on the theme of SQLite-table-to-list-view. There are lots of examples from others too. But note that SQLite changed from version 2 to version 3 a dozen years or more ago, it was a big change and V2 stuff is probably best left alone.

Comment

Working...
              X