How to get the ipv4-addres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get the ipv4-addres?

I want to get the local IP address but I dont get it.
    I am using HOST ADDR
    How do I do?Click image for larger version  Name:	IPV4.png Views:	4 Size:	18.0 KB ID:	786915
    Last edited by Fim Wästberg; 29 Nov 2019, 09:53 AM.
    Fim Wästberg

It is possible for a computer to have more than one IP address. For example, if you have a network card in your computer, and you are dialed into the Internet using a modem, your computer will have two IP addresses. By using the indexed form of the statement:

HOST ADDR(index&) TO ip&

…you can retrieve the first IP address with index& = 1, the second with index& = 2, etc. If, on return, ip& contains zero (0), there are no further IP addresses to retrieve on that computer.

Loop until you get one that starts with 192

Comment

What indexnum (if any) are you passing to HOST ADDR? How many IP interfaces does your computer have?

(((suggested correction to subject - "How to get the ip v4-addres? " The V stands for version, )))
      Dale

Comment

Stuart,
        Big thanks, works great.
        in addition to 192. I also include 10.
        Fim Wästberg

Comment

Keep in mind that if you're behind a NAT router, which the vast majority of people are these days, that IP address returned by ipconfig is not going to be useful (it'll be a non-routable address). If you want their external routable address, you'll need to use a different approach.
          Mike Stefanik
          sockettools.com

Comment

Working...
          X