Guid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Rice View Post
    So it looks like you ran into a newer web dev who needs to gain further experience that both SSN and Zip Codes can and DO have leading zero’s...but it’s STILL a number and when I go to store it...it’s going to go into a numeric field
    No, it's NOT a number. It's an identifier (ID) and if you strip the leading "0", it's not the same ID. It's exactly the same as stripping a leading "1" from a different ID

Comment

Correct not a number, can’t be stored as number...never ever ever store as number. Got it

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rice View Post
        So it looks like you ran into a newer web dev who needs to gain further experience that both SSN and Zip Codes can and DO have leading zero’s...but it’s STILL a number and when I go to store it...it’s going to go into a numeric field
        It's also very US-centric.
        I've come across a few sites that ask for a Country and still insist on a 5 digit Zip Code being entered

Comment

To be clear Number, Value, String, Code, 128 bit ID, GUID whatever you want to call it, it sounds like a nonhuman readable 16 byte VERSION to me.

"Version is a form or variant of a type or original" as per Merriam-Webster

Comment

Working...
          X