Reinstall PowerBasic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinstall PowerBasic

My laptop was stolen, so therefore I am in need to reinstall my PBC and PBF that I purchased in May of 2016. I tried to use the original email containing the url to install the product, however that url is returning 404. I have the order number and serial numbers associated with my purchase. I have emailed sales and support via the contact us from the home page earlier this morning. Does anyone know of a way to get in touch with support or sales or for that matter is there a new url for downloading the products?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the installation programs, if you are interested. You can use your serial number to activate, just tell me what did you buy...
    Andrea Mariani
    AS/400 expert
    Basic programmer @ Home

Comment

Oh, thank you so much. I purchased PB Forms and PB Compiler for Windows

Comment

Andrea, how do you want to send the files? I can do google drive or one drive if you prefer.

Comment

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago when I needed to reinstall PBCC but couldn't find the install file. I sent a message to PB tech support from a link on their web site but never got a response. And, there doesn't appear to be a contact phone number on that site. Fortunately, I found a copy of the file in an old backup and was able to do the install. Maybe if you contact Drake customer support (828-524-8020), they can point you in the right direction.

Comment

Thanks Jerry. I will consider that option if I am unable to get the files from Andrea per the previous post.

Comment

Ok, so I just called Drake Support and asked for someone in Power Basic support. She did not even know what I was talking about.

Comment

Post a PM to Adam Drake here in the forum. Include your order/serial numbers.

I've just PMed him pointing to this thread.

Comment

I could not wait any longer. I had to repurchase so I could get the programs installed and continue my work.

Comment

got to the main page - sight powerbasic login
                    there is a place that list you purchases. and you can download
                    if you have the same email same address same phone number as when you purchase it
                    there is a download link​​​​​​​

Comment

i did not have my order/serial numbers.

Comment

You only need to have the information when you bought it
                        you are logged into forum
                        go the the top of this page
                        click on powerbasic home page
                        when there go to top to your email - click on your email
                        it will show what you downloaded
                        just download - a link to download click on it
                        i lost mine also!

Comment

I am assume this is the same login you have always had or tied to your old password reset ect

Comment

Originally posted by James C Morgan View Post
                            got to the main page - sight powerbasic login
                            there is a place that list you purchases. and you can download
                            if you have the same email same address same phone number as when you purchase it
                            there is a download link​​​​​​​
                            That's a problem for me
                            I've had several addresses, email addresses and phone numbers over the years since I bought my PB products. My main site login doesn't show any products.

Comment

Stuart your join date mar 2000 back before then?
                              i could not find my serial # or my download i found a sales email and support email , i emailed the support email.
                              the first time i did not see the link, to day i went and looked again your email shows up at the very top. i assume the serials are in the download you can login to the forum or it like cache in the password. i went to powerbasic site we right to the download maybe if you changed you email , changed updated your account just try. have a great night.

Comment

Jerry, If you didn't get a reply from tech support try sending me a PM here - Anthony, I have your PM and emails, I ended up being out of work yesterday and just didn't get to my computer. I will handle this in just a few minutes.
                                Adam Drake
                                Drake Software

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Downs View Post
                                  I could not wait any longer. I had to repurchase so I could get the programs installed and continue my work.
                                  Copy your PB folder/folders to a thumb drive, once installed.
                                  That copy can also be put on the C: drive your computer if you upgrade to a new one.
                                  Re-installation is then not necessary.
                                  The world is strange and wonderful.*
                                  I reserve the right to be horrifically wrong.
                                  Please maintain a safe following distance.
                                  *wonderful sold separately.

Comment

Tried James' procedure, but it did not show my purchases of PBWin & PB Forms well before Adam's acquisition.

Comment

could not wait any longer. I had to repurchase so I could get the programs installed and continue my work.
                                      NEW FEATURE SUGGESTION: Backup.

Michael Mattias
                                      Tal Systems (retired)
                                      Port Washington WI USA
                                      [email protected]
                                      http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Mattias View Post

NEW FEATURE SUGGESTION: Backup.
                                        He got my backup. :-)
                                        Andrea Mariani
                                        AS/400 expert
                                        Basic programmer @ Home

Comment

Working...
                                        X