Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XPRINT- easiest way to color entire page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XPRINT- easiest way to color entire page?

I need to put a uniform background on an entire printed page. No problem with text and graphics themselves but I want the whole page to be a uniform color that matches the background of the text lines. Hints?

XPRINT BOX? And size of box XPRINT(Client.X), XPRINT(Client.Y) or XPRINT GET CLIENT. Cannot test now, but see PB Help.
    Something like XPRINT BOX (0, 0) - (XPRINT(Client.X), XPRINT(Client.Y)), 0, rgbColor&, fillcolor&

Edited: you may also look at XPRINT COLOR.

Comment

But cheapest, quickest and best way would of course be to get coloured paper from a store and set background color for text to transparent (-2)

Comment

You have to remember that your page is like an Etch-a-Sketch (r). You may write on it all you want.. and then write over it and everything you have written stays on the 'screen' which will become the printed page. Hence a "box" of the desired background color works for your purposes.

And with the XPRINT (and other graphics commands, both PB and "windows native") , you can even jump to new places on the page without leaving a line.... a definite enhancement over the original Etch-a-Sketch!

Michael Mattias
        Tal Systems (retired)
        Port Washington WI USA
        [email protected]
        http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

But I miss holding it upside down and shaking it! The XPRINT BOX works great- thanks Borje. Somebody wanted a custom color version of one of my utilities and that did the trick. Coloring a whole page will eat up expensive ink, but hey, not my dollar.

Comment

Working...
          X