Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something like a snipping tool

just asking...
    As I was reading a Vista training manual there was a description of a new software program called a snipping tool. This brought to mind a question that has occurred to me while on the internet.

I will be looking at an internet page that contains historic or financial information and I want to print it. But the print function
    as well as the copy/paste seem to be disabled.

The question: could a PBCC program be told to read off the text information on the screen to a .txt file.

This is an area I know nothing about since I only use PBCC.

I have XP now.

Thanks.

In short - no.

Your best bet would likely be try to snag it using an API call to actually download the HTML data. Have you tried URLDownloadToFile? http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...ad.php?t=25109
    Adam Drake
    Drake Software

Comment

Originally posted by tom kroto View Post
      I will be looking at an internet page that contains historic or financial information and I want to print it. But the print function
      as well as the copy/paste seem to be disabled.
      Use Firefox and the NoScript extension. That will get you past that nonsense.

Comment

Go to: Tools > Options > Content > 'Advanced' (Right of 'Enable JavaScript')
        Uncheck: 'Disable or replace context menus'
        LOCAL MyEMail AS STRING
        MyEmail = STRREVERSE$("53pmohtj") & CHR$(64) & STRREVERSE$("liamg") & CHR$(46) & STRREVERSE$("moc")

Comment

Create a shortcut in Windows 10: snippingtool.exe /clip
          How long is an idea? Write it down.

Comment

Working...
          X