Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more about eMail.

My CGI's stopped working, but not completely. No modifications were made,
    but now i can only send eMails to eMails hosted on my same mail server.

If i try to send an e-Mail on another domain besides mine, for example to:
    Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, Etc... they are not sent. Actually it DOES says the eMail
    is sent, but, no eMails are received. I have carefully reviewed errors in my code
    and no errors are being triggered. Everything runs smoothly. But still, no emails
    are received in the adressee. Not even in the Spam box. No signal at all of the
    sent mail. I have waited 3 days, but they simply dont arrive.

I have the remitent address in my safe addresses book. Still, No good.

Is there a possibility that my server is malfunctioning? (Hosted at
    TrustedWebhost).

Is there a possibility that my server is malfunctioning? (Hosted at
    TrustedWebhost).
    Probably not. More likely TrustedWebHost has changed something on their end to try and fight spam (this is an on going battle). There are a couple of things they may have done such as requesting a POP (check email) before you're allowed to send, or changed authentication methods. Without knowing specifically what has changed though, you are not likely to be able to successfully "fix" the problem.
    Software makes Hardware Happen

Comment

I emailed support, do you think they can fix the problem? Maybe i can do something
      to prove i am not a spammer?...

Added:
      Im almost sure its a server thing... i cant even send emails to a hotmail account
      from the link provided in the trustedwebhost control panel.
      Last edited by Elias Montoya; 11 Jan 2008, 12:58 AM.

Comment

I emailed support, do you think they can fix the problem? Maybe i can do something to prove i am not a spammer?...
        You'll have to wait until you find out what they changed. Most likely, they'll tell you what you need to do to be authenticated.
        Software makes Hardware Happen

Comment

Thank you Joe.

Comment

hey Elias,

I just tried to goto EGridPro.com and realized that it's down,

it appears that the Domain name is listed expired, it shouldn't be because I paid for it on the 15th, I've tried to call trusted web host just now, and no answer, I'll keep trying, should be back up tomorrow at the latest

Comment

Thanx friend, i also contacted them saying the expiring date was wrong,
              i hope they listen you better... And compensate us for taking it down
              just after i relased the monkeys... :P

Comment

Oh... i almost forgot. I was right after all. It was a server problem,
                and they moved my hosted files to a better host, my e-mails are
                working correctly now...

I even learned lots fo things in the proces... for example, some servers
                delay the answer to the "DATA" command on purpose... weird huh?

Comment

Working...
                X