X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik Loef
    replied
    Joe,

I know from some reviews the initial release was quite buggy indeed.

My copy came with my strato.nl/de account last year which is a big high quality German provider.
    They probably tested it before using it as a marketing tool.

My guess/hope is the worst bugs got fixed by then, the program also has a link to the latest online update.

One thing I had to do though was getting the automatic letter sizing right, which is also a problem for half of the sites and forums.
    And I needed to remove a string of useless signs, nothing to worry about however

But I actually liked it, for my simple needs it is the right tool which I use together with Arachnophilia.

Leave a comment:

• John Strasser
    replied
    Thanks folks,

my preference is for directly writing code rather than wysywig, but I'll check them all out.

Obviously free is me preference

JS

Leave a comment:

• Joe Byrne
    replied
    Namo Web editor 2006....
    I've used Namo quite a bit...still have it installed. I have found however, that it has some serious quirks. Not ones that show up often, but if your pages get too far out of "normal" they can end up scrambled due to some bugs in the HTML preview process in Namo.

Actually, for the price (I think its around $100 new, right?) there are lots of better editors, some at half the cost.

Leave a comment:

• Erik Loef
    replied
    Namo Web editor 2006, it feels crisp, it looks comprehensive and it is wysiwyg.
    I didn't use it inside out, so it is just my impression after designing a web page with it.

Leave a comment:

• Petr Schreiber jr
    replied
    If you do not insist on WYSIWYG, I would recommend PSPAD.
    It is free, it has syntax highlight feature for HTML, PHP and many more languages. It is also highly customizable.

For HTML I find it very comfortable ( visual indication of pair tags matching ) and [F10] key shows preview immediately ( you can even set target browser resolution using presets ).

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber jr; 5 Mar 2008, 09:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Knuth Konrad
    replied
    Dreamweaver, if it still comes bundled with Homesite.

Leave a comment:

• Shawn Anderson
    replied
    ultraEdit
    www.ultraedit.com

Leave a comment:

• Gafny Jacob
    replied
    For PHP - Zend studio

Leave a comment:

• Trento Castricone
    replied
    HTML / PHP Editor ?

Adobe Dreamweaver CS3

Leave a comment:

• Joe Byrne
    replied
    Originally posted by Andre Smit View Post
    Not a bad HTML editor, but it doesn't specifically do PHP.

I have a number of HTML editors, but I've yet to find a good PHP editor that I really like.

Leave a comment:

• Andre Smit
    replied
    nvu

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Knoppert
    replied
    Using Visual Web Developer you can write non ASP.NET webpages as well.
    I use VWD for writting html files for CHM helpfiles.

Real benefit of this IDE is of course the intellisense like for element styles.

But heh.. if you are comming from Notepad i am sure you don't want to install this (bloathed) fella..

My colleaque is such a person, for years messing with notepad..
    Reading the html he wrote into VWD makes sure you'll get punished..
    It's not <BR> it's <br /> (and so on...)

Hah, let's not forget the end tags /> or </div> and such!

Leave a comment:

• John Strasser
    started a topic HTML / PHP Editor ?

HTML / PHP Editor ?

This seems the most logical place to put it...

I've been using either notepad or firstpage 2000 for writing web pages for a while now.

fistpage has an update which looks great but has some bugs and the developer has vanished (apparently).

So just to start things off - I'm looking at ultraedit - but wanted to get everyone else's opinions (and why too) about what html editors you are using.

Thanks in advance,

JS
Working...
X