API to repair internet connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API to repair internet connection

I have an internet connection that is really flakey. If I repair it then it works fine for a while then goes out at some point and if I repair it again it works a little while longer.

As a temp work around I did a search to see if there was an API to call the repair verses the command line option. I found a couple of posts other forums that indicate there is a single API call I can use but darned if I can find it.

Anyone have any idea's on this one?
    Thanks
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

Herbert Spencer

shell to command prompt?

Shell to command prompt,

ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

You really shouldn't have to do these things though... but I don't know how your network is set up....
    Warped by the rain, Driven by the snow...

jimatluv2rescue.com

Comment

Could you be a bit more specific what you actually do, if you "repair" your connection?

Also, how are you connected to the Internet? A dial up modem, a DSL modem, a router (to which you connect through WAN or LAN?)?

There might be a real fix to your problem, not just curing the symptoms.

But while we're at it: I've experienced another common issue: the DNS caching on the client didn't work properly. We disabled the DNS caching service on all our company's machines. To manually force the cache to empty, do ipconfig /flushdns.
      Last edited by Knuth Konrad; 7 Aug 2009, 04:27 AM.

Comment

I have been having a lot of issues with the internet as well on some new equipment. Maybe this thread can be moved over to the cafe side for some casual discussion.
        p purvis

Comment

I have been having issues with a router and a laptop that use both use n wireless protocol. Tommorrow i am going to set thosse to only use b and g protocol only because i do not need the speedy transfers from the internet which i am not getting/paying for anyway. I would believe b and g are more dependable also because of the standards placed into the protocols

What seems flakey?
          p purvis

Comment

Working...
          X