X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cliff Nichols
    replied
    Thomas,
    Let me see if I can work one up. I can easily use a COM that already exists, but creating a COM from scratch that seems to be where I am taking a hit

It is probably the VB background I have and trying to not make it worse for the "Non-Programmers" I know will follow, but I am trying.

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Tierney
    replied
    Cliff,

I have been able to get Native PB Com methods called from JSCRIPT, VBSCRIPT and Visual Basic with out any problems. Do you have sample code which reproduces the error?

Leave a comment:

• Steven Pringels 3
    replied
    You'll need this as well.

Code:
    ' ****************************************************************************************
    ' Maps a single member to a corresponding DispID, which can be used on subsequent calls to
    ' IDispatch_Invoke.
    ' ****************************************************************************************
    DECLARE FUNCTION Proto_IDispatch_GetIDOfName (BYVAL pthis AS DWORD PTR, BYREF riid AS GUID, BYREF rgszNames AS STRING, BYVAL cNames AS DWORD, BYVAL lcid AS DWORD, BYREF rgdispid AS LONG) AS LONG
    FUNCTION IDispatch_GetIDOfName (BYVAL pthis AS DWORD PTR, BYREF strName AS STRING, BYREF rgdispid AS LONG) AS LONG
        LOCAL HRESULT AS LONG, riid AS GUID
        IF pthis = %NULL THEN FUNCTION = %E_POINTER : EXIT FUNCTION
        CALL DWORD @@pthis[5] USING Proto_IDispatch_GetIDOfName (pthis, riid, strName, 1, 0, rgdispid) TO HRESULT
        FUNCTION = HRESULT
    END FUNCTION

' Provides access to properties and methods exposed by an object.
    ' Note: if the call to Invoke returns %DISP_E_EXCEPTION (&H80020009), the EXCEPINFO
    ' structure is filled with error information. Three of his members are pointers to
    ' unicode strings that you can read with the TB_ExcepInfoErrorDescription,
    ' TB_ExcepInfoErrorSource and TB_ExcepInfoErrorHelpFile functions, and that you must free
    ' with SysFreeString: SysFreeString pexcepinfo.bstrDescription,
    ' SysFreeString pexcepinfo.bstrSource, SysFreeString pexcepinfo.bstrHelpFile.
    FUNCTION IDispatch_Invoke (BYVAL pthis AS DWORD PTR, BYVAL dispidMember AS LONG, BYREF riid AS GUID, _
        BYVAL lcid AS DWORD, BYVAL wFlags AS WORD, BYREF pdispparams AS DISPPARAMS, BYREF pvarResult AS VARIANT, _
        BYREF pexcepinfo AS EXCEPINFO, BYREF puArgErr AS DWORD) AS LONG
        LOCAL HRESULT AS LONG
        IF pthis = %NULL THEN FUNCTION = %E_POINTER : EXIT FUNCTION
        CALL DWORD @@pthis[6] USING IDispatch_Invoke (pthis, dispidMember, riid, lcid, wFlags, pdispparams, pvarResult, pexcepinfo, puArgErr) TO HRESULT
        FUNCTION = HRESULT
    END FUNCTION

Leave a comment:

• Cliff Nichols
    replied
    Thank You Steven,
    This revamps my hopes of making things work.

and Thank You to Jose Roca!!!!

I will be trying this out today, and see how it goes. Along with figuring out how to late bind events from the Pb Dll.

Leave a comment:

• Steven Pringels 3
    replied
    Hi Cliff,

Jose Roca has a CallByName function... oh where is that again...

searching

ah here it is...

Code:
    FUNCTION TB_CallByName ( _
        BYVAL pthis AS DWORD, _                                    ' *IDispatch
        BYVAL vNameOrId AS VARIANT, _                              ' Name or identifier
        BYVAL callType AS LONG, _                                  ' Call type
        BYREF vParams() AS VARIANT, _                              ' Array of variants
        BYREF vResult AS VARIANT, _                                ' Variant result
        BYREF pex AS EXCEPINFO _                                   ' EXCEPINFO structure
        ) EXPORT AS LONG                                           ' Error code

DIM dw_puArgErr AS DWORD, DISPID_PROPERTYPUT AS LONG, IID_NULL AS GUID
        DIM vArgs(0) AS VARIANT, udt_DispParams AS DISPPARAMS
        DIM hr AS LONG, strName AS STRING, DispID AS LONG
        DIM nParams AS LONG, i AS LONG, idx AS LONG

' Check for null pointer
        IF pthis = 0 THEN FUNCTION = %E_POINTER : EXIT FUNCTION

' Get the DispID
        IF VARIANTVT(vNameOrId) = %VT_BSTR THEN
           strName = UCODE$(VARIANT$(vNameOrId))
           hr = IDispatch_GetIDOfName(pthis, strName, DispID)
           IF hr THEN
              FUNCTION = hr
              EXIT FUNCTION
           END IF
        ELSE
           DispID = VARIANT#(vNameOrId)
        END IF

' Copy the array in reversed order
        IF VARPTR(vParams()) THEN
           nParams = UBOUND(vParams) - LBOUND (vParams) + 1
           IF nParams > 0 THEN
              REDIM vArgs(nParams - 1)
              idx = nParams - 1
              FOR i = LBOUND(vParams) TO UBOUND(vParams)
                 IF VARIANTVT(vParams(i)) = %VT_EMPTY THEN
                    vArgs(idx) = ERROR %DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND
                 ELSE
                    vArgs(idx) = vParams(i)
                 END IF
                 DECR idx
                 IF idx < 0 THEN EXIT FOR
              NEXT
           END IF
       END IF

IF CallType = 4 OR CallType = 8 THEN  ' %DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUT and %DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUTREF
          DISPID_PROPERTYPUT = -3
          udt_DispParams.CountNamed = 1
          udt_DispParams.NamedDispId = VARPTR(DISPID_PROPERTYPUT)
       END IF

udt_DispParams.CountArgs = nParams
       IF nParams > 0 THEN udt_DispParams.VariantArgs = VARPTR(vArgs(0))

FUNCTION = IDispatch_Invoke(pthis, DispID, IID_NULL, 0, CallType, udt_DispParams, vResult, pex, dw_puArgErr)

END FUNCTION

Leave a comment:

• Cliff Nichols
    replied
    Steve,
    I am using createobject, and have the dll registered and the typelibrary embeded.

I have learned I can call the method with "CallByName" in VB to solve the late binding, but "CallByName" appears to be a VB only function, so I need to find what the windows api behind the function is.

I am working on this, and how to expose events from the PB dll to the other language, but boyyyyyyyy is it taking a lot of trial and error to get this far

Leave a comment:

• Steve Rossell
    replied
    1. Are you using CreateObject in VB?
    2. Did you embed the typelib as a resource in your dll using PBTYPE?
    3. Did you regsvr32 the dll?

Leave a comment:

• Cliff Nichols
    started a topic IDispatch expose methods to other languages

IDispatch expose methods to other languages

I am having problems with a PB dll I am writing for use in other programming languages. I just can not seem to expose a method to the other languages except to do early binding in the other languages.

Is there a way to do late binding in other languages (VB to be more specific) so that I can call the objects method?
Working...
X