Windowing Classes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windowing Classes

I'm working on some windowing classes. I have most of the basic common controls implemented, still working on fleshing some out and the demos. Would love some feedback if anyone is interested.

You can get the files here.
    LarryC
    Website
    Sometimes life's a dream, sometimes it's a scream

(from a member of the windowing classes)

I would be interested to know where you think "PB classes" give the coder an edge over "Windows classes" when handling controls and dialogs.

Comment

I'm not sure I followed the question but, I generally perfer coding to classes of some flavor vs procedural code. In terms of an edge at best perhaps better compiler messages.

For example:
      SetWindowText( hWnd, ByVal StrPtr( title ) )
      vs
      imgList.Text = title

The former will compile and do nothing for say an image list, the compiler will stop and complain on the second. I also personally find the second form easier to read and maintain.

And last, it turns out I hadn't worked with quite a few of the windows common controls before and I'm finding that interesting.
      LarryC
      Website
      Sometimes life's a dream, sometimes it's a scream

Comment

I agree.

When PB introduced classes I decided that we should convert all our code from procedural to classes. The main reasons being that it reduces the amount of source code in an application, isolates the programmers from the wonders of the Windows API, improves reliability, and makes maintenance easier.

Change a class and recompile the programs, and new features can be introduced, bug free, throughout all our applications.

A side benefit for us is that our Data Dictionary software, which converts application specs to source code, is a lot more simple.

R
        Last edited by Rod Gobby; 12 Mar 2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X