No announcement yet.

inverting an array

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edwin, there's lots of reasons to upgrade other than one specific new feature, or any group of new features.

One of my favorite reasons to upgrade is to have support available if I need it.

E.g, What kind of support do you think I would get from PowerBASIC if I called with a problem I am having with PB/DLL 6.0?

And do you think you could guess what the support person might recommend very quickly, say, right after he hears "six" before he hears "point oh?"
    Michael Mattias
    Tal Systems (retired)
    Port Washington WI USA
    [email protected]
    http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Sure, valid point.
      PB have helped me well, before and the last month with PB9.
      I just hope we don't get an update during my holidays

Oh btw, 99 USD or ~ 65 Euro for an update is a no-brainer.. if you use the software professionally.

Afaik you can pay for support so i guess even PB/DLL 6 is not really a big deal.
      Unless the problem is solved in a newer release.
      Last edited by Edwin Knoppert; 1 Sep 2008, 02:20 PM.
      hellobasic

Comment

My point re support is more about personnel.

Not so much with PB, because they've had a lot of the same folks on board for a pretty long time.

But it's hard to bring new people to speed on ALL releases, especially when they are in Bangalore or Chennai.

MCM
        Michael Mattias
        Tal Systems (retired)
        Port Washington WI USA
        [email protected]
        http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Code:
          MACRO revorder(arr,desiredelement)=(arr(UBOUND(arr)-desiredelement))
          This macro delivers the desired element of a reverse ordered array without having to reverse the whole array.

Usage:
          asneeded= revorder(arrayname,element)

Tested.
          Rod
          In some future era, dark matter and dark energy will only be found in Astronomy's Dark Ages.

Comment

Working...
          X