• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Files

I have tried to understand the project file system

I have failed.

The PB help is a bit 'light'

Can anyone explain how it works - in words of few syllables please?

I understand that you set up a project file. It has to have a suffix of .ccprj I suspect that you list your source code files in it - with .bas or not???

???????Then how do you say - load up all my files in CCEDIT?

Thanks
    [I]I made a coding error once - but fortunately I fixed it before anyone noticed[/I]
    Kerry Farmer

Don't know abuout CC (I only have CC4 and that didn't have projects), but in PBWin it's fairly self evident.,

> I suspect that you list your source code files in it

You should never mess with the .xxprj file yourself.
    it's just a case of File-Save As Project when you have multiple files open.

Then a snapshot of your current work environment is saved in the PBprj (or CCPrj) file. That includes names of all open files - including current cursor locations; currently defined Compiler Include Paths; currently saved Command Line arguments; Debug Watch points ad Breakpoints etc.

> ...load up all my files in CCEDIT?

Just use File - Open Project and select the project file. That will load the editor with everything exactly as it was when you last saved the project.

Try opening several source files, saving as a project and then open the project file in a plain text editor. It will be quite obvious what is saved.

Comment

Thanks Stuart

My embarrassment at the totally obvious!!!!
      [I]I made a coding error once - but fortunately I fixed it before anyone noticed[/I]
      Kerry Farmer

Comment

Working...
      X