Discussion (if any) for my "Yet Another GDI Plus Based Image Viewer"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion (if any) for my "Yet Another GDI Plus Based Image Viewer"

Please post any comments etc. relating to https://forum.powerbasic.com/forum/u...wer#post777756
    here. Thanks.

Cheers, Mike.
    There are only two speeds for computers: fast enough, and too bloody slow.
    And there are 10 types of programmer -- those that know binary, and those that don't.

Well, I tried to run it, but I get an "Open failed for 'Out of Memory' error".
    Rod
    "To every unsung hero in the universe
    To those who roam the skies and those who roam the earth
    To all good men of reason may they never thirst " - from "Heaven Help the Devil" by G. Lightfoot

Comment

That's what happens if the file is not an image.

Or if you run with no arguments. [Which, looking carefully at your message, I think you did.]
      To test, drag and drop an image file onto QVu.exe *in an explorer window*
      I.e. drag on to the exe item in explorer; don't just click on the QVu item.

Or if a full path name is not used.

There was a brief time window when a broken exe (and code) was up loaded;
      When I noticed, I added a banner while I fixed it;
      I fixed it, removed the banner, and updated zip and code.

Maybe you were too quick; please try re-downloading. If it is still broke, then ...
      The correct size for the exe should be 75,264 bytes now.

Cheers, Mike
      And there are 10 types of programmer -- those that know binary, and those that don't.

Comment

I should put in an explicit test for "no argument" and "File Exists" before passing it to GDI Plus.
        Added to my TO DO list.

Comment

Works. Also works on the desktop program icon, that is, drag the image to the desktop icon and there it is!! Can't get any zooming action nor any image info. I haven't really looked for proper guidance though so I could be expecting something I shouldn't be.
          Rod
          To all good men of reason may they never thirst " - from "Heaven Help the Devil" by G. Lightfoot

Comment

Sorry, I am only looking in from time to time ...
            press "F1" in any image to get help (i.e. key/mouse strokes).

In Brief, ctrl+mouse wheel zooms, hold middle mouse for info ( or release it outside the window.
            Bug/restriction: on a small image, cannot see much info

Cheers, Mike.

Comment

Looking in from time to time is a way of life around here, we'd never get anything done otherwise.
              Thanks for the tips.
              Rod

Comment

Working...
              X