No announcement yet.

Mouse clicks through a control down to a lower one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Juergen. Gonna be a busy weekend trying new ideas from you guys!

Comment

> "and see what you did differently"
      SetParent is important in my code...

I did a little update to act on return and the escape key...

Comment

Added code to cancel text or date editing if user drag a listview divider.

Comment

Yes, the SetParent popped out at me. I don't have enough time to investigate it today.

A few days ago I did try adding the edit control with the parent being the listview, but it didn't do as I was expecting. Probably because I was fighting the v6 control problem I had earlier.

Again I appreciate all your effort. I am expecting to have a very progress filled weekend!

Frank

Comment

Added code to cancel text or date editing if user drag a listview header.

Comment

Pierre,
              It all started working correctly once the move window calls were replaced with the show and hide commands. The SetParent fixed the click through.

I'm going to go with the simpler approach and save Juergen's subclass for a more involved need.

Frank

Comment

>Mouse clicks through a control to a lower one
                This is not the solution, but I have seen people click or hit keys multiple times thinking that a control didn't respond.
                This solves the issue if it is possible for a routine to be re-entered before it finishes.
                Code:
                SUB ClearBuffers
                 LOCAL SystemMsg AS TagMsg
                 WHILE PeekMessage(SystemMsg,%NULL,%WM_KEYFIRST,%WM_KEYLAST, %PM_REMOVE     OR %PM_NOYIELD):WEND
                 WHILE PeekMessage(SystemMsg,%NULL,%WM_MOUSEFIRST,%WM_MOUSELAST, %PM_REMOVE OR %PM_NOYIELD):WEND
                END SUB
                https://duckduckgo.com instead of google

Comment

Hi Mike,
                  My problem was not that the controls were not responding, it was that the wrong one was responding. I had a listview with a textbox or DTPicker on top of it and the clicks/keys were going to the listview instead of the textbox or DTPicker. The problem was solved with SetParent() for now, but thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
                  X