About Dialogic HMP test program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Dialogic HMP test program

It's about the demo code in the source section: https://forum.powerbasic.com/forum/u...p-test-program
    For those not familiar with Dialogic HMP a short explanation:

It's an IP based software media platform for telephony (SIP/H323) and video and other media streams.
    It should be able te handle 2000 to 5000 extensions on a single server (although that seems a bit optimistic to me... )
    You should run the program on the same PC as where Dialogic HMP is installed.

The demo program is setup so you can dial from an to any IP based phone connected to your network.
    Just fill in the phones ip address in the box (marked 'B') and it will be called (if reachable)
    After connect a Dialogic voiceprompt (.Vox file) will be played.
    If you press DTMF digits, those will also show in the Messages list.
    Caller ID (ANI) ewill also be shown.

If you want to call in, dial the IP address (given after startup under 'A' in your messages list)
    Again you'll hear the voice prompt.
    The messages list gives all events that take place.

It's a great platform for IP media development, which I use for emergency switchboards.
    (used to be analog and ISDN, but ISDN in Holland is obsolete and out of use after July 2020... )

It wasn't easy to translate the original C headers, but it was worth it, works great!...

Click image for larger version  Name:	HMP screen.png Views:	0 Size:	10.9 KB ID:	796294
    Regards,
    Peter

Thanks so much Peter, any chance of making it as a cloud based VOIP phone?
    perhaps using VPN ?

Comment

If you can find a cloud-based computersystem to run it on, I suppose it could.
      You can use all kind of voip/sip accounts to connect to remotely.
      Even to 'normal' digits-only telephonenumbers, but then you'll need a provider for that.
      (those calls aren't free so you have to pay per call to that provider)
      Regards,
      Peter

Comment

Wow! Thanks Peter!

Comment

Hi
          Any pointers on how the HMP should be set up? When I run your test program it cant find an HMP.

I did D40 dialogic stuff many years ago. I have an ip phone on my network, but I dont think I have dialogic configured right.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap23166.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	796345

Comment

If the correct license is loaded you should only have to press the green arrow button to start the service (takes some 15...30 seconds)
            If you want it automatically on pc start then checkmark Settings -> System/Device autostart -> Start system
            Regards,
            Peter

Comment

"If the correct license is loaded" I need to look into that!

Comment

That didn't fix it. Where are you getting the "local ip address?" Is that the address of the machine the HMP is running on?

Comment

With License Manager you can see which license is loaded. Default is a 1 channel license, and the evaluation license is 2 channels
                  Both will do for the demo program.

For the rest follow the instructions:

- Open the Configuration manager.
                  - Stop system (with button with red square)
                  - Click Device -> Restore defaults
                  - Click Device -> Configure device
                  - Choose the correct license file
                  - Start system again

Local IP address is the IP Address if the machine running HMP and demo program
                  Regards,
                  Peter

Comment

I'm getting this error when I try to use the debugger. I was going to step through the code and see if the NCM_Getsystemstate(lRet) shows running.

However I got this error:

Name:	Snap23167.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	796355

Comment

Are you using Jose includes?

Comment

It compiles fine here. Probably a win32api error, I have that often.
                        (declares in various versions of the pb and jose includes slightly differ and give strange results and don't compile without errors..
                        I'm using winapi3 includes
                        Regards,
                        Peter

Comment

That must be it. winapi3 includes are they the ones that come with PB?

Comment

Back to trying to get it to run... Must be something in my HMP. I just downloaded a fresh license file but that didn't help. I will dig around some more and let you know.

Comment

Winapi3 are Jose includes. It probably is caused by the IN_ADDR structure. It should look like this:

Code:
                              Union in_addr
                                s_un_b As s_un_b_struc
                                s_un_w As s_un_w_struc 
                                s_addr As Dword
                              End Union
                              It's strange that HMP gives problems. I installed it on 10+ computers (Win7, Win10, Win2012 server)
                              What you can try is changing the default IP on 'Device'. They use the IPv6 address by default, set it to the IPv4 address.
                              Regards,
                              Peter

Comment

What does your HMP config look like for default IP?
                                I put it on 192.168.1.193 but that didn't help.

Mine looks like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snap23168.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	796362

Comment

I use the IPv4 address (in this case 192.168.1.193)
                                  Have you looked with License Manager if the license is activated?
                                  Regards,
                                  Peter

Comment

Peter - what OS are you using? I am using Windows 10 Pro. There is a note about needing 10 Enterprise?

Comment

We have HMP running at Windows 2012 server and Windows 7 at the moment here...
                                      I have a Win10 pro here, I could try it...
                                      Do you use 32 or 64 bit Windows?

As of January 2020, support for all 32 bit system is dropped, only 64 bit supported.
                                      What release of HMP do you have? If it's 395 or lower, 32 bit is supported. If 520 or higher, 32 bit is not supported.
                                      User programs can still be 32 bit, but the HMP engine itself is only 64 bit from release 520 and up
                                      Regards,
                                      Peter

Comment

Interesting! Considering they say it wont run on 2012 and 7. I know it is something simple, trick is to find it. Did you have to do anything with DLL's? Like adjust path, or move some into the program directory? Then of course there is Windows Firewall but I have that off.

I always seem to go through stuff like this for the first few days of any new project. I may put in a call to Dialogic tech support - I was looking for an HMP test program - didn't see on.

I am assuming that HMP is a serivce and you communicate with it using the Dialogic DLL's - From what you have said and my Dialogic guy has said I should just install the programs, do the license file thing and it should work.

Does your license file look like this:

Name:	Snap23169.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	796431

Comment

Working...
                                        X