X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Hutchesson
    replied
    Peter,

One of the problems of directly reading processor hardware is that different processors and different BIOS coding make having a single simple technique of reading individual core temperatures very difficult to do. Even CoreTemp can only go back to the Core2 series of Intel processors as the earlier hardware did not support the methods of getting the data. Most modern (last 10 years) BIOS's have a page that shows the processor "health" so there may be some technique that is supported by the OS to read that data but you would have to search through the MSDN hardware reference to see if its available.

Leave a comment:

• Peter Lameijn
    replied
    I tried WMI with ROOT\WMI -> MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature -> CurrentTemperature, but that doesn't work.
    It always returns 28 degrees Celsius; that cannot be correct...

Leave a comment:

• Paul Dixon
    replied
    Maybe this thread will help:
    https://forum.powerbasic.com/forum/j...nstrumentation

Leave a comment:

• Tim Lakinir
    replied
    Core Temp maybe quite handy, I would prefer it to be a portable application rather than we need to install it on our laptop.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Hutchesson
    replied
    Download "Core Temp". You will find its a lot more complicated than calling an API or two.

Leave a comment:

• Patrice Terrier
    replied
    And that command line would work only with some computers,

However it looks like this would be a new feature in Windows 10 version 2004

Leave a comment:

• Peter Lameijn
    started a topic Temperature CPU

Temperature CPU

Is there a way to display the CPU temperature through WMI or so?
    I can use windows commandline utility, but that's a bit of a kludge...

Code:
    wmic /namespace:\\root\wmi PATH MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature get CurrentTemperature
    (it returns current temp in degrees K * 10. So you need to divide by 10 and subtract 273.15)
Working...
X