Announcement

Collapse

Forum Guidelines

This forum is for finished source code that is working properly. If you have questions about this or any other source code, please post it in one of the Discussion Forums, not here.
See more
See less

Boing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boing

In memory of a great computer!

To try this piece of code you must have a Dual Core processor and your computer must be able to run advanced OpenGL features:

- Drop shadow
    - Lighting
    - Color material

Enjoy!

Added:
    To stop the demo, catch the ball and press the ESCAPE key.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Patrice Terrier; 10 Oct 2008, 05:09 PM.
    Patrice Terrier
    www.zapsolution.com
    www.objreader.com
    Addons: GDImage.DLL 32/64-bit (Graphic library), WinLIFT.DLL 32/64-bit (Skin Engine).

YouTube - Amiga Boing Ball
    YouTube - Boing demo playing on real Amiga 500

Oh, the memories...

Bye!
    -- The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it.

File Extension Seeker - Metasearch engine for file extensions / file types
    Online TrID file identifier | TrIDLib - Identify thousands of file formats

Comment

Originally posted by Patrice Terrier View Post
      In memory of a great computer!
      To try this piece of code you must have a Dual Core processor and your computer must be able to run advanced OpenGL features:
      Not sure what's required for OpenGL, but my AMD64 (Single Core) runs the app just fine. Very cool.
      Software makes Hardware Happen

Comment

My PC also runs it fine.

It is a 2.5 ghz Celeron, 768 meg Ram, running Windows XP home, with a NVidia Geforce4 MX 4000 video adapter.
        Chris Boss
        Computer Workshop
        Developer of "EZGUI"
        http://cwsof.com
        http://twitter.com/EZGUIProGuy

Comment

Looks nice Patrice! It was a great computer. If you remember, the boing demo used almost no CPU time. And it had a <8 MHz CPU. Of course your boing ball is 32bit color and much higher resolution. But my computer has a core 2 duo running at 2GHz and was using ~30% to run the boing demo.

Those were fun times.

David

Comment

60-80% CPU using a Laptop with Pentium M 1.88GHz.

This would be cool with all the images built into the EXE to send to friends or run from anywhere.

Other Possible Improvements:
            *Task tray icon so clicking the ball and hitting Esc isn't required.
            *Stopping the movement while the mouse has it grabbed then continue bouncing when released. (Right now it seems to try and do both)
            *I see a Boing Wave file, but hear no boing...looks like it is commented out to be better used as a resource, so maybe when I move images to there I'll try that out too.

I'll be playing all night with this thing!

Thanks Patrice!
            sigpic
            Mobile Solutions
            Sys Analyst and Development

Comment

MagicBall...

See the details there
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Patrice Terrier; 17 Oct 2008, 04:23 PM.
              Patrice Terrier
              www.zapsolution.com
              www.objreader.com
              Addons: GDImage.DLL 32/64-bit (Graphic library), WinLIFT.DLL 32/64-bit (Skin Engine).

Comment

Cool. Yeah, on Boing I setup the Delay to 30 and the Step to 6 to look a little better on my slower machine. I partially fixed the dragging by making an IF condition with a global variable around the move window section. The HitTest messes it up a bit. I set the global on NCLbuttonDown, but NCLbuttonUp doesn't fire right (Has to be a doubleclick for it to see the LbuttonUp???). I'll keep playing though. Once I get it all working I'll post the results.
                sigpic
                Mobile Solutions
                Sys Analyst and Development

Comment

Working...
                X