Announcement

Collapse

Forum Guidelines

This forum is for finished source code that is working properly. If you have questions about this or any other source code, please post it in one of the Discussion Forums, not here.
See more
See less

Text editor using a GRAPHIC WINDOW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBWin/PBCC Text editor using a GRAPHIC WINDOW

closed for maintenance!
    Last edited by Chris Holbrook; 11 Aug 2013, 08:46 PM.

:coffee2:

:yawn2:

:sleeping:

Comment

Chris, did you accidentally delete your post, lose your code?

I have a copy of the v0.6 code, if you need it, let me know, I'll post it!!
      "Ok, yes... I like pie... um, I meant, pi."

Comment

Please post
        Inquiring minds want to know????:shhh::shhh:
        Engineer's Motto: If it aint broke take it apart and fix it

"If at 1st you don't succeed... call it version 1.0"

"Half of Programming is coding"....."The other 90% is DEBUGGING"

"Document my code????" .... "WHYYY??? do you think they call it CODE? "

Comment

Sorry, other stuff is getting in the way. Don't fret, I will repost it. Meanwhile follow me on twitter - er no, perhaps not.

Comment

Some comment threads
            http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...ad.php?t=38994
            or a more a thread started more recently:
            http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...ad.php?t=53369
            Going by the dates in the first of the above threads, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one with 'latered' items..
            Rod
            "To every unsung hero in the universe
            To those who roam the skies and those who roam the earth
            To all good men of reason may they never thirst " - from "Heaven Help the Devil" by G. Lightfoot

Comment

Chaps, your enthusiasm for me not posting code is touching. I shall try to keep it up.

Comment

Hey Chris(H)!
                I'm working on an update to gbPrintPreview, which uses a graphic control to preview text that is to be printed.

Your code may be of interest to me, as I would like to let the user select/highlight text with the mouse.

I guess I can see how it might be done ...
                1. detect down/drag/up mouse activity
                2. determine start/end lines being selected
                3. determine the character position of the clicks within each line
                4. highlight the text within the starting/ending character positions

It sounds very possible, but definitely requiring attention to the details, especially if you allow text lines to have different founts/heights. In gbPrintPreview, my lines/characters are all the same font/size, so I don't have to figure that part out.

Also, selecting whole lines would be much simpler than allowing selection at the character level.

I'll be interested to see if your approach is similar or if you've come up with a more minimal solution!

I'll likely post the new version of gbPrintPreview this weekend but I'm not sure I'll have the "Select Text" feature in the release.

Comment

Did this thread and any code posting ever come back to life? Am looking for a wysiwyg text editor that can operate within specified boundaries within a window.

Comment

Hi Owen

Look for myeditor and download it from

https://cgdsoftwarecom.ipage.com/sourceCode.html

Comment

Did this thread and any code posting ever come back to life? Am looking for a wysiwyg text editor that can operate within specified boundaries within a window.
                      Wrong forum I know, but the answer is, "Use a richtext control" which can handle both your requirements. There are multiple source code examples here;search "richtext" or maybe two words "rich text."

Michael Mattias
                      Tal Systems Inc.
                      Racine WI USA
                      mmattias@talsystems.com
                      http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Working...
                      X