Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADO-Recordset in memory

Hello,
    I have a nice probleme creating an ADO-Recordset in memory.
    In VB or VBA there is no problem. I create the object, add the fields say rst.open an create records.
    Now I use the includes from Jose Roca. Very fine files, many tool-functions.
    I create the object, add the fields (can access the fields-collection an read the properties).
    Then I say rst.open - and the program crashes. I've no idea, why, but it crashes. The same happens with the include created by the original COM-Browser from PB.

May be, someone has an idea?
    Many thanks
    Christian

PB is neither VB nor VBA. It does not support default values. Therefore, you have to pass the parameters:

Try:

Code:
    DIM vOptPrm AS VARIANT
    vOptPrm.vt = %VT_ERROR
    vOptPrm.scode = %DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND

rs.CursorLocation = %adUseClient
    rs.Open(vOptPrm, vOptPrm, %adOpenKeyset, %adLockOptimistic, %adCmdUnspecified)
    Forum: http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php

Comment

Thanks for replying Jose,
      I tried your code (PB 10.03) but PB does'nt allow periods for the variant-variable. I think this is FB-like and I have to operate with memory-functions (POKE and PEEK), where I not know how this may be possible.

Comment

Sorry. Use:

Code:
        DIM vOptPrm AS VARIANT
        vOptPrm = ERROR %DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND
        Forum: http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php

Comment

There is no documentation in PB for such matter.
          Thanks very much! This works!

Comment

Just for reference, see also..
            Create VT_DATE variant Datatype 9-14-09

I also did the same thing to create a VT_BOOL.. (Code here somewhere but it's an easy copy from above). The MSMQ interface requires a VT_BOOL datatype. If a LONG is used (what PB automatically substitutes) it will always come up as false.

PB does not support VT_DATE, VT_BOOL or VT_DECIMAL (used for very large numbers.. returned by Oracle's OLE interface for some datatypes) types so make sure you check when using a new COM interface in your PB code.

fwiw, I use this dataname.....

Code:
            LOCAL vParmMissing AS VARIANT
            vParmMissing  = ERROR %DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND
            .. because I have often used "optional" params so "vOptParm" is not always the VT_ERROR type.

Pedantic, yes... but easier for the next poor schmuck who has to maintain your code. You appreciate it a lot when you are your own next poor schmuck and haven't worked on that specific code for a couple of years..

MCM
            Michael Mattias
            Tal Systems (retired)
            Port Washington WI USA
            [email protected]
            http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Working...
            X