Glut Object Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glut Object Sizes

I was thinking about the available GLUT objects and had some vague notion that all of them would fit within a bounding box with side dimensions = 1, centered about 0,0,0

I walked through Jose's afxglut.inc code and found that not only was I wrong - that while objects do seem to be centered on the origin they don't all share the same basic bounding dimensions.

Some were bounded as I thought. Others had bounds set by the user, some were bounded by dimensions of +/- 1.6 and some of them (Teapot, RhombicDodecahedron, Icosahedron and Tetrahedron ... see note below ...) I'm not sure what are the bounds. Some allowed the user to change the size and some would require scaling.

Is there a pattern to the GLUT object sizes or did the list of available objects just grow over time with whatever bounds the originator decided to use?

... note ... that's because I didn't know what the shape was. Once I could see it in an example, then the bounding box dimensions became more obvious.
    Last edited by Gary Beene; 28 Oct 2015, 10:16 PM.

Here's a quick picture of the notes I took, showing which GLUT objects have arguments and what the bounding dimensions were for each object ... not exactly great documentation, but it's what I did ... (sorry for the shadow of my hand in the image) ...

Comment

Working...
    X