Announcement

Collapse

New Sub-Forum

In an effort to help make sure there are appropriate categories for topics of discussion that are happening, there is now a sub-forum for databases and database programming under Special Interest groups. Please direct questions, etc., about this topic to that sub-forum moving forward. Thank you.
See more
See less

Help with iSedPDF issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with iSedPDF issue

I know there are a few people using the iSed PDF library here, so hopefully someone can help. The "official" web site is down during a migration from Access to SQL, otherwise I would have tried there first. And yes, I have RTM

Anyway, I am really loving this library now that I've gotten used to it. However, I want to send a document to the printer directly rather than bringing it up in Acrobat (skipping the 'preview' part). The document prints, at least it spits out blank pages. Therefore, I am relatively certain I am passing the printer name properly (since the various printers I've tested with all print out the correct number of pages....just blank ) and since the number of pages is correct, I believe I have those parameters correct as well.

Here are the lines of code I'm using:
    Code:
      x& = iSedPageCount
      o& = iSedPrintOptions(0,0,"Test")
      iRet& = iSedPrintDocument(BYCOPY SendTo, 1, x&, o&)
    iRet& returns 1 which the docs indicate everything printed properly.

If I don't try to print directly, the document is created perfectly. I can save it to a file and even bring it up right away in acrobat with:
    Code:
      CALL iSedSaveToFile(BYCOPY mFilename$)
      zText = mFileName$
      SHELLEXECUTE BYVAL %NULL, "open", zText, BYVAL %NULL, BYVAL %NULL,1
    but when it goes to the printer directly, the pages are all blank.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA
    Last edited by Joe Byrne; 15 Nov 2007, 08:29 PM.
    Software makes Hardware Happen

Ok, so maybe I didn't RTM well

Just prior to printing the document, I was setting encryption on it. The first line of the docs says (clearly too) that encrypted docs can't be printed.

Works great now !

Comment

Is iSed still available?
      Real programmers use a magnetized needle and a steady hand

Comment

Bud,

The "official" site never came back, but the peer-support site claims they have still been selling licenses, just no updates and no support. (not a big deal with the peer-support), but that site is down at the moment while undergoing a conversion from Access to SQL, so I don't really have a link to send you to at the moment. Its a GREAT PDF package though. If you can get your hands on a licensee, its worth getting.

--Joe

Comment

I went in with one of the waves of groups once to get a site license for it and planned on converting it to PB, but never got around to it...All the original site does is sales, no support or replies since the company sold.
          sigpic
          Mobile Solutions
          Sys Analyst and Development

Comment

Working...
          X