Announcement

Collapse

New Sub-Forum

In an effort to help make sure there are appropriate categories for topics of discussion that are happening, there is now a sub-forum for databases and database programming under Special Interest groups. Please direct questions, etc., about this topic to that sub-forum moving forward. Thank you.
See more
See less

uCalc scripting engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uCalc scripting engine

I have a scripting engine named uCalc Language Builder. I've noticed interest in the forums for scripting engines, whereas there aren't many takers for a Language Builder. So I'm wondering if the name Language Builder itself conjures up the image of a complicated or irrelevant tool. Or is there some other reason why it might not seem interesting?

uCalc Language Builder has a broad scope. However, it is not only for those who want to create a language. If you just want to use an existing scripting language, then it's for you too.

One of the things that's included in the download is a BASIC interpreter. You can either run it interactively, or you can have it run a BASIC script that's located in a file. This version of BASIC is incomplete. But it has plenty to get you started, such as PRINT, For/Next, While/Wend, User defined types, and other familiar data types, Function/End Function, and a few string routines, etc. It even has a few PowerBASIC syntactic flavorings.

The idea is that it can very easily be expanded. Maybe a group of people could add to this BASIC interpreter in an open-source type of way, and come up with a more complete BASIC. The same can be done for other languages. Do you like to play with turtle graphics to draw things? There's a startup version of Logo (it's not a particularly correct version of Logo, but enough to have some fun with).

I hope to hear from more people about uCalc LB.

See this other thread: Interactive tutorial for uCalc Language Builder now available.
    Daniel Corbier
    uCalc Fast Math Parser
    uCalc Language Builder
    sigpic

Im still giving it a try. You will hear of me soon.

Comment

Working...
    X