Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Stan Durham/ZCureIt/Log4PB still around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Stan Durham/ZCureIt/Log4PB still around?

A few years ago I registered Log4PB. Now zcureit.com appears to be gone. Does anyone know if it has a new home, or what the latest release was? The latest filestamp in the zip I have is for January 4, 2004, and the dll version is 1.1.0.0.
    Troy King
    katravax at yahoo dot com

According to i.e. this thread Ken Meyers seems also to be connected to ZCureIT. And I think he's still around.

Comment

Knuth, thank you, I didn't catch that in my searches.
      Troy King

Comment

ZCureIT

I am still around. I check out these forums almost daily. I haven't released anything new for Log4PB in quite some time... hard to imagine it has been since 2004. It was a good concept I think but didn't generate much interest at all. I still have the code of course as well as code for everything related to ZCureIT. I still use SacksPB in several applications.

-Ken
        Mac Application Reviews and More

Comment

Ken, thanks for popping in. I put Stan's name on the thread because his messages were the latest I saw with the zcureit name. I liked Log4PB. It surprises me that it didn't get much interest. It filled a need I had at the time, and one that keeps coming up now and then: logging I don't have to think too hard about. Just call a function and it works. It was flexible and easy to use.

I have the need for it on my current project and was wondering if it had continued as a product, and if there was a later version to upgrade to before I started coding with it.

And since you mentioned SacksPB, I have a need for that in another project I think I can get away with using PB for my v2. The latest version of that I have is 3.0. Is that the latest for that one?
          Troy King

Comment

I have built some additional versions of SacksPB, mostly adding custom features for myself. I also use MSXML quite a bit now. I think the version you have will work well for you if you need a quick and simple solution. If you have any requirements that come up that are problematic please just let me know.
            Mac Application Reviews and More

Comment

Ken, thank you! The versions I've got have worked great so far! That's something about products I've licensed from PB Forumers -- They work, and they WORK. Every time I've found one acting weird, it always turns out to be my mistake.
              Troy King

Comment

Working...
              X