SQL Tools and VB Web Dev 2008 Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL Tools and VB Web Dev 2008 Express

Being a novice and wanting Ajax built in to a Web development environment I was pleased to see the Ajax MS library in their latest Express version.

My question is:

Can an ASP.NET app built using 3.5 access standard dll like a PB DLL so I can use SQL Tools like I'm used to doing?

The 'for xml' statement, is it supported? Are there any examples?

If I can't use a PB DLL can I use SQL Tools from VBScript in an aspx document?

If not ASP.NET are there other industry acceptable combinations that don't require CGI or ISAPI (which are non-starters for our customers).

My terminology may not be correct here, but we have a multi-currency version of our Trust Software that will 100% SQL and will have components that are Web Based for Clients to view their holdings on demand from the live database.

Bob Mechler

Bob --

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answers to any of your questions. I think you'd do better to post a message in an ASP.NET forum and ask generic questions about whether or not it can use standard 32-bit DLLs.

-- Eric Pearson, Perfect Sync, Inc. (publisher of SQL Tools)
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

Comment

Yes you should be able to use Win32 DLLs from ASP.NET. See http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010129.htm for example.

Or Google yourself.

As for VBScript, you can't use standard Win32 DLLs from VBScript (or ASP Classic for that matter). Only COM DLLs (which you now can create woth PB/WIN 9).

Comment

Thanks Knuth. Now through the looking glass.

Bob Mechler

Comment

Edwin Knoppert, a regular in this forum, runs the site http://www.hellobasic.com. As he uses both ASP.NET and PB, I'm pretty sure he might be able to offer some insights as for using standard Win32 DLLs from ASP.NET.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Knuth about Edwin.

Bob Mechler

Comment

Working...
            X