Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDF Squad

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PDF Squad

    Looks like some of the long-time supporters of iSEDQuickPDF from http://www.quickpdf.org have put together a company to release an updated version of this great old library.

    http://www.thecoldengroup.com/
    --pdf

  • #2
    Very Cool!

    I was fortunate enough to buy a copy (with source) before the whole thing exploded. I have yet to find a PDF solution to equal iSedPDF (the original product, updated and improved over the years by volunteers). Without a doubt, I will "upgrade" to the new version, especially since the licensing issues are resolved.

    I would HIGHLY recommend this PDF tool kit. It is awesome already, and probably even better now.
    Software makes Hardware Happen

    Comment


    • #3
      I too can vouch for iSed as a great PDF library.
      It's nice to see somebody picking up the torch.

      Comment


      • #4
        Availability?

        I've taken a look at the product and it has some features I could really use.

        There is no download yet.
        Purchase is "coming soon"
        I tried contact the contact email address, but it bounces (I thought it might as it is a TBD (at)...).

        I have a project that I can really use this library. Anyone have an idea of when it is going to be available?

        Originally posted by Paul Franks View Post
        Looks like some of the long-time supporters of iSEDQuickPDF from http://www.quickpdf.org have put together a company to release an updated version of this great old library.

        http://www.thecoldengroup.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Brian Chirgwin View Post
          Anyone have an idea of when it is going to be available?
          Guess you'll have to follow this thread:

          http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=991
          --pdf

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Paul Franks View Post
            Guess you'll have to follow this thread:

            http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=991
            Thanks,

            I also notices that they have pricing now and email address. No demo yet though.

            Comment


            • #7
              The plot thickens

              Someone else has aquired the rights to iSEDQuickPDF:

              http://www.debenu.com/blog/sedtechs-...elaunched.html

              These guys know PDF:

              Karl De Abrew
              Karl De Abrew is Debenu's CEO, along with being a seasoned speaker, moderator, industry commentator and columnist for a variety of publications. He is also the founder and former CEO of Nitro PDF Software, the builders of the popular PDF editor, Nitro PDF Professional, and operator of Planet PDF.

              Rowan Hanna
              Rowan Hanna is the company's Product Architect. Before co-founding Debenu with Karl, he worked with Nitro PDF Software as the divisional manager of Planet PDF's online sales unit, PDF Store.

              NitroPDF is an excellent product, priced well below Adobe's offerings.
              Last edited by Paul Franks; 3 Feb 2009, 11:46 AM.
              --pdf

              Comment


              • #8
                QuickPDF Library

                So, here's the real reincarnation of iSEDQuickPDF:

                http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/
                --pdf

                Comment


                • #9
                  Order Placed

                  Tested the trial for about an hour. Works for what I need. Placed order last night.

                  Thanks.

                  Originally posted by Paul Franks View Post
                  So, here's the real reincarnation of iSEDQuickPDF:

                  http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for your comments

                    Hi Guys,

                    I'm from Debenu -- the company who recently acquired the Quick PDF Library (formerly known as iSEDQuickPDF and QuickPDF) -- and I just wanted to say thanks for your comments and to let you know that we'll be hanging around on the forum from now on to see if we can help anyone with PDF related questions.

                    Cheers,
                    Rowan
                    __________________________________
                    Quick PDF Library
                    www.quickpdflibrary.com
                    The Unrivaled PDF Developer Toolkit™

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey Rowan! Nice to see you here.

                      BTW, I don't know if the PB header files are distributed with the main app, but if anyone needs the 5.11 include file, just let me know.
                      Last edited by Joe Byrne; 13 Feb 2009, 07:00 PM.
                      Software makes Hardware Happen

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Joe Byrne View Post
                        Hey Rowan! Nice to see you here.

                        BTW, I don't know if the PB header files are distributed with the main app, but if anyone needs the 5.11 include file, just let me know.
                        PB headers are included.

                        Thanks though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rowan Hanna View Post
                          Hi Guys,

                          I'm from Debenu -- the company who recently acquired the Quick PDF Library (formerly known as iSEDQuickPDF and QuickPDF) -- and I just wanted to say thanks for your comments and to let you know that we'll be hanging around on the forum from now on to see if we can help anyone with PDF related questions.

                          Cheers,
                          Rowan,

                          Glad to see you'll be hanging around. This means PB support will continue. I wasn't sure, but figured I would stay 5.11 or update the PB header files myself.

                          I've only use the product for a couple days, but so for it has been great.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yes, PB headers will be supported and updated

                            Hi Brian and Joe,

                            Thanks for the positive feedback.

                            Yes, PB headers will be included and supported in the new version. I'll make an announcement on this forum (if that is appropriate forum etiquette here?) when the new version had been released with updated PB headers.

                            There will be a number of new exciting features (AES 128 bit encryption and digital signatures to name a couple) as well.

                            Anyone who purchases version 5.11 will get a free upgrade to the next version.
                            Rowan
                            __________________________________
                            Quick PDF Library
                            www.quickpdflibrary.com
                            The Unrivaled PDF Developer Toolkit™

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X