Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQLite Forums suggestions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SQLite Forums suggestions

    I decided to give SQLite a whirl on one of my applications. I have some basic questions and would like a suggestion for a forum I could join to get my questions answered. Does anyone here have a suggestion for a good SQLite forum?

    I do have one question while I am at it..

    After creating the sample table and entering exit at sqlite3> prompt the command line drops to ...> and I can't get out of the program not matter what I try. I have to close the cmd window.

    What is this ...> prompt and how do I get out of it. I can't find anything on the website for sqlite or Google for that matter.
    Last edited by Douglas C. Horner; 2 Oct 2009, 12:57 AM.
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

    Herbert Spencer

  • #2
    Doug,

    You might take a look at www.sqlite.org
    There is a lot of good information there or of course, Paul's website for more specific SQLitening information.

    HTH,
    Gary
    Thanks,
    Gary Stout
    gary at sce4u dot com

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Douglas C. Horner View Post
      What is this ...> prompt and how do I get out of it. I can't find anything on the website for sqlite or Google for that matter.
      Ctrl-C does it for me.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Gary Stout View Post
        Doug,

        You might take a look at www.sqlite.org
        There is a lot of good information there or of course, Paul's website for more specific SQLitening information.

        HTH,
        Gary
        Gary, Thanks for the information. I have been reading up on that site. I am really looking for a forum were I can post questions and examples to get some help so if you happen across a good one let me know.
        There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

        Herbert Spencer

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chris Holbrook View Post
          Ctrl-C does it for me.
          I tried everything except of course for Ctrl+C.. Thanks Chris.
          There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

          Herbert Spencer

          Comment


          • #6
            Type .help followed by the Enter key in the SQLite console window and the appropriate commands are displayed. You will see that .quit followed by the Enter key will exit the application. For use with PB, you might look at the SQLightning forum on Paul Squires site www.planetsquires.com

            David

            Comment


            • #7
              Douglas,

              Here's one to check out.

              http://www.nabble.com/SQLite-f797.html

              Darrell

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for the replies guys. It appears it takes more code to accomplish a task in SQLite verses SQL_Tools. I have been quite spoiled by the ease of SQL_Tools over the years.. Thanks Eric!
                There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

                Herbert Spencer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Douglas C. Horner View Post
                  It appears it takes more code to accomplish a task in SQLite verses SQL_Tools.
                  I seriously doubt that.
                  Paul Squires
                  FireFly Visual Designer (for PowerBASIC Windows 10+)
                  Version 3 now available.
                  http://www.planetsquires.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Oh, and rather than having to mess with the command line program you can use one of many (mostly all are free) programs to design and test your databases. The one that I use all the time is SQLite Expert. You can find it at: http://www.sqliteexpert.com/download.html
                    Paul Squires
                    FireFly Visual Designer (for PowerBASIC Windows 10+)
                    Version 3 now available.
                    http://www.planetsquires.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i have found many good sqlite threads at www.stackoverflow.com

                      they have a "tag" for sqlite so you can find the posts easily (enter sqlite* as the tag you want).

                      -don
                      Don Dickinson
                      www.greatwebdivide.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Paul Squires View Post
                        Oh, and rather than having to mess with the command line program you can use one of many (mostly all are free) programs to design and test your databases. The one that I use all the time is SQLite Expert. You can find it at: http://www.sqliteexpert.com/download.html
                        If you use Firefox as your browser, the SQLite Manager extension is pretty good.

                        http://code.google.com/p/sqlite-manager/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stuart McLachlan View Post
                          If you use Firefox as your browser, the SQLite Manager extension is pretty good.

                          http://code.google.com/p/sqlite-manager/
                          Very nice... and free.
                          There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.

                          Herbert Spencer

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Douglas C. Horner View Post
                            I decided to give SQLite a whirl on one of my applications. I have some basic questions and would like a suggestion for a forum I could join to get my questions answered. Does anyone here have a suggestion for a good SQLite forum?
                            Yes, Try this link:

                            http://www.sqlitening.com/support/index.php

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X