Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FireFly Visual designer 3.6 (for PowerBASIC Windows 10+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I downloaded the new version last week, set the sub-directories, and then compiled all the examples. That went very quickly. I was impressed with all the new features. Great product.

John

Comment

I just want to say my last few projects could not have turned out better. Thanks to FireFly 3.6 and PB10. Its by far the best tool around.

Doug
      Doug McDonald
      KD5NWK
      www.redforksoftware.com

Comment

Firefly helped me break my VB6 habit and it keeps getting better. Thanks for the 3.6 update Paul!

Comment

I just finished a project with 49 dialogues and more than 38000 lines of code
          and the project remains clear and maintainable.

Thank you Paul for this software!
          Last edited by Rudolf Fürstauer; 19 Sep 2012, 02:44 AM.
          ----------------
          Rudolf Fürstauer

Comment

Looks like the program is not more supported.

Comment

Originally posted by Theo Gottwald View Post
              Looks like the program is not more supported.
              No, unfortunately Paul walked away from PowerBASIC to FreeBASIC 2 or 3 years after Bob's passing. He still maintains his own forum, but has slowly expunged it of all things PowerBASIC over the last couple years. He at first ported FF to FreeBASIC, but has since transitioned into a newer product. I've not communicated with him is quite some time, so I don't know if FireFly for PowerBASIC is even still available in any way. I think at one point, someone asked him to release FF as freeware / public domain, so that someone else could pick up development (Heck I'd volunteer for that), but he was not interested.

IMHO, Drake software could do worse than to license FF as the default visual designer for the next iteration of PowerBASIC. I know there are others in active development, but I can't seem to get a comfortable with them as I ma with FF.
              Real programmers use a magnetized needle and a steady hand

Comment

I agree, FF was also my favourite. PAul is a very talented Programmer with a fine sense for design questions. If there will be ever a new PB ... we will see.

Comment

Working...
                X