• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK,
    Version 1.9.1.0 Wow! That's awesome!!!

Thank you
    Jimbo

Comment

• JK-IDE is currently the best Editor for PB. And if i see it right, Jürgen also works on a VD.
      Its not yet as complex as was Phoenix 3, BUT IT WORKS.
      Following the many problems, such a "Stae-of-the-art" IDE really makes, this example shows that it may not really make sense for PB to always make an own IDE, but rather use one of the available and concentrate on the compiler.
      --Theo Gottwald
      ------------------------------------------------
      76706 Dettenheim * Germany * info@it-berater.org
      ------------------------------------------------
      Joses Forum * Theo's Link Site * IT-Berater.org

Comment

• I have a .bas file with a bunch of include files. I have created a new project and added the .bas file. It compiles OK. Do I have specifically add the include files or does that happen automatically. Also there is a .res and a .sll, do they get added to the project? Sorry if this is a stupid question that's been answered before but this thread is way to long.

Comment

• Hi James,

the IDE comes with a quite comprehensive help file answering this and a lot more questions...

In short: you must add manually all files other than included code files with a ".bas" or ".bi" extension, you would not want to add compiled files (.sll/.res). You add files by menu or by drag and drop (multiple files) into the Project Explorer. You may add not only code files but also all types of other files like specific documentation (.txt/.rtf/.doc/.pdf/whatever) or internet links. Double clicking them in Project Explorer will open them like in Windows Explorer.

JK

Comment

• Originally posted by Juergen Kuehlwein View Post
            Hi James,

the IDE comes with a quite comprehensive help file answering this and a lot more questions...

In short: you must add manually all files other than included code files with a ".bas" or ".bi" extension, you would not want to add compiled files (.sll/.res). You add files by menu or by drag and drop (multiple files) into the Project Explorer. You may add not only code files but also all types of other files like specific documentation (.txt/.rtf/.doc/.pdf/whatever) or internet links. Double clicking them in Project Explorer will open them like in Windows Explorer.

JK
            Sorry stupid question. For the record, what I was doing wrong was to drag the .inc files to the Project Explorer, but not into the tree of the .bas

Yes indeed the help is comprehensive but the text is so small, is there any way to enbiggen it.

Comment

• Hi James,

is there any way to enbiggen it
              open the help file, click the text pane and scroll the mousewheel while holding down the "Ctrl" key, this will encrease or decease it. This not a special behavior of my help file, this is default for all .chm

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.1.1 is online, fixing one serious bug and a few issues with very large projects (several hundreds of code files) - thanks Theo Gottwald

JK

Comment

• Originally posted by Juergen Kuehlwein View Post
                  Hi James,

open the help file, click the text pane and scroll the mousewheel while holding down the "Ctrl" key, this will encrease or decease it. This not a special behavior of my help file, this is default for all .chm

JK
                  That didn't seem to work but for the record changing text size in IE seems to do the trick.

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.1.2 is online, some more fixes for Theo´s giant project

JK

Comment

• JK,
                      New anomaly in find and replace. I was attempting to replace the spaces between a group of words in a string with parsing characters.
                      This is the string:
                      "one two three four five six "

This is the parsing characters [].

This is the result:
                      "one[] two[] three[] four[] five[] six[] "

The parsing characters are inserted before the space but the space is not replaced by them.

Thanks
                      jimbo

Comment

• Hi Jim,

indeed this doesn´t work as expected - thanks for reporting!

V 1.9.1.3 is online fixing this.

JK

Comment

• Juergen,
                          the "Go to Line" (Ctrl + G) dialog does not behave correctly in a two monitor configuration, when your IDE is shown on the secondary monitor. First of all, that dialog is always shown briefly at coordinates 0,0 of the primary monitor (which introduces a brief flicker). Afterwards, it is re-positioned, but in such a way that its coordinates are clipped to the work area of the primary monitor. In other words, it will never show up on the secondary monitor, even if your IDE is shown there.
                          The 'About' and 'IDE-Hotkeys' windows are also always shown on the primary monitor. But that may be 'by design', I don't know.
                          Sincerely,
                          HT

Comment

• Hi Herman,

basically i wanted all secondary windows to appear in the same monitor as the main IDE-window. For me this doesn´t work with the "About" window - this is definitly wrong. The "Go to Line" and the Hotkeys windows work as expected on my secondary monitior - strange, thanks for reporting!.

How many monitors are you using and what is their screen resolution in pixels? Does the IDE, if you close it on a secondary monitor, reappear at the same place when restarted (which should be the case) ?

JK

Comment

• @Herman

investigating what you reported i realized, that when maximizing a window and calling "getwindowrect" the result is not always as you would expect it to be. E.g. if you have a screen resolution of 1024 x 1280 pixels, you would expect "r.nleft" from a call to "getwindowrect" to be "0", which indeed is not always the case - you might get "-4" for "r.nleft" and "1283" for "r.nright". This is OUTSIDE of your monitor!

I adapted my calculations to account for such situations and hope this issue is fixed now with V 1.9.1.4

JK

Comment

• Juergen,
                                the 'Go-to' dialog is now always correctly centered above the IDE, on either monitor. The brief flicker due to dialog re-positioning is also gone. 'IDE-Hotkeys' & 'About' dialog still only appear on the primary monitor (which is the left one in my configuration) even when the IDE is on the secondary monitor (which is right in my configuration). But that does not bother me at all. Just wanted to mention it because your intention seemed to be different.
                                Thanks for the fix,
                                HT

Comment

• JK,
                                  The Find Dialog "Find What:" combo box causes a full screen refresh (flash) whenever the last character in the box gets deleted. Currently running 1.9.1.4 and I only work with one monitor. I'm not sure this behavior is what you intended. Luckily pasting to the combo box doesn't cause any screen flashes.

Thanks Jimbo

Comment

• Hi Jim,

thanks - i can see, what you describe: when you make the textbox empty, it flashes. Midly annoying - i will investigate it.

>>> pasting...

did you know, that you get the current word (the word the caret is above) or the current selection into the "Find What" combo box by <Ctrl + Shift + F> (no need for copy and paste)?

JK

Comment

• Hi JK,
                                      No worries on <Ctrl + Shift + F>. Just using the paste method to check other possibilities.
                                      Thanks
                                      Jimbo

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.1.5 is online, this should fix the flicker Jim reported and (Herman) i hope the 'IDE-Hotkeys' & 'About' dialogs are now, where they should be (on the same monitor as the IDE) for everyone.

JK

Comment

• Hi all,

V 1.9.2.0 is online, fixing some more issues with very large projects (many thanks to Theo Gottwald for his support and patience) and introducing a new feature ("ODX/UDX") see Debugging/Special Debugging Features in the help file

JK

Comment

Working...
                                          X